graph7.png

graph6.png

graph5.png

And, the ever popular 3dmark's

graph.png

graph9.png

here's fear

graph10.png

Seems about right, what do you guys think?

All settings were untouched unless marked.

If you bought that 2600xt to go along with the rig in your profile, I'd RMA it immediately and get something better. One thing I can say is that your 3DM06 score is looking pretty low for your rig although that could be because of the 2600xt. My rig gets around 4.2k when I do an 06 suicide run(cpu @ 2783MHz 1.5vcore, vid @ 691/802 with 3 70CFM 80's blowing on that beast B:) ). It would seem to me that your score should be just a notch higher than mine and by that I mean at least 800 points more.

I have yet to achieve the 1GHz OC that I am craving for. Only 17Mhz away and I don't really feel comfortable at all pushing the vcore any higher. It's really disheartening being so close yet and not being able to get that final push in...

I had a 7600GT back in the day, I ran it at 800mhz core and 1650mhz memory and hit 4800 in 3dmark at 75c with a low wattage tec and FS-V7

Then I got a 8600GT, and the drivers were fail in every way possible.

I ~somehow~ managed to get it stable at 800/2000

804n1037.jpg

But just look at the temps, with the SAME tec plate as the 7600 and a VF900-CU this time.

The gain? 400 points in 3dmark, now that' with 260mhz overclock on the core and 600mhz on the memory... somehow this card get's 200 points for 57mhz overclock so ...

I got so sick of this dang message

nvlddmkm.jpg

nvlddmkm.jpg

nvlddmkm.jpg

nvlddmkm.jpg

I bought this, so far it's great, decided to go corssfire once I sell that 8600GT when it get's back from RMA after killing my motherboard and memory.

Edited by Paradox

I had a 7600GT back in the day, I ran it at 800mhz core and 1650mhz memory and hit 4800 in 3dmark at 75c with a low wattage tec and FS-V7

I bought this, so far it's great, decided to go corssfire once I sell that 8600GT when it get's back from RMA after killing my motherboard and memory.

75c is pretty high. My 7600 at suicide run settings refuses to work at any temp past 73c(hence the 3 80's). I'm personally running XP so I can't say that I've ever had a driver error(nor have I heard of it happening recently in XP) like that.

If I were you I would highly reconsider going crossfire. Two weak cards(relatively) paired together aren't as good as one awesome card. Sell the 8600GT and your 2600XT and use the cash To grab an 8800GTS. That'll give you so much more power than a pair of 2600's. Sure you're putting an Nvidia card into a board built for ATi and crossfire but that's not a problem unless you want SLI.

What I'm saying is that ultimately the 8800 is going to serve you better, and longer, than a pair of 2600's. At least that's how I feel about that issue.

Well to get a 8800 I need a new PSU. So it adds up to more then I can afford. These cards are not high draw, hence why I went with them.

Well to get a 8800 I need a new PSU. So it adds up to more then I can afford. These cards are not high draw, hence why I went with them.

The 8800GTS pulls surprisingly little power. My 450 watt PSU can run it(safely and securely) with power to spare. Assuming that my guess is correct and your PSU has a single 34A 12 rail then it will be enough. I think it was hardnrg on here that said that the stock 8800GTS pulls around 112 watts max load. That's not much at all considering how powerful it is.