• Me, with a bit of help from family.
    • Parents/Family.
    • Won it.
    • Other

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents bought me my first computer because I was too young to have a job and they were tired of me being on theirs and changing it all around all the time lol.

My parents gave me a few (not new :lol:) prebuilts until I was about 13, then I built my own (with my dad's help at first...). I bought my own components when I was about 15 I suppose.

Edit: lol... can't remember my own age

My parents bought me my first computer because I was too young to have a job and they were tired of me being on theirs and changing it all around all the time lol.

:withstupid: Same with me. I was too young at the time to have a job. Know I pretty much pay for all my computers.

I remember when I was really young and it was time to buy a new computer, I'd open up an HP/Dell/Gateway/whatever catalog and pick out the biggest numbers and most expensive prices. :lol: Then my dad would buy a computer from his friend (system builder) and we'd have a new PC. Now that I think about it, I have no idea if anything I picked out ever actually made it into the computer. :lol:

Those computers weren't really mine, but I spent way more time on them than anyone else. The first computer that was actually mine happened to be an unused computer from my dad's business. So, parents/family.

The first computer that was unofficially mine was paid for by my parents, but the first one I actually built I got in return for watching my brothers for the summer among a few other things.