Another reduce pic size question

I just got the newest Photoshop Elements today. I need to figure out how to get my 4mp pics shrunken down to 800x600. I pull up the pic, go to image and resize. I change it to 800x600, but it doesn't save that way. I can edit or crop an original just fine, I just want to first learn how to make it smaller, I'll learn the cool stuff later.

I just got the newest Photoshop Elements today. I need to figure out how to get my 4mp pics shrunken down to 800x600. I pull up the pic, go to image and resize. I change it to 800x600, but it doesn't save that way. I can edit or crop an original just fine, I just want to first learn how to make it smaller, I'll learn the cool stuff later.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...7&sliceId=1

I still haven't found a good answer to this issue. I simply want to resize a 4mp pic from it's default pixel size to 800x600. Elements is a little different that the full Photoshop CS suite. I must be missing something simple. BLZaugg is my bro-in-law and we have been trying to get it to work properly, but he is used to CS, and it just isn't working exactly the same. Any advice from anyone else?

Can you screenshot the image resize dialog box?

I have tried it with and without "constrained proportions" marked. None of the drop down boxes have "pixels" as an option, but if I put in "points" it will let me change to 800x600, however it still does not save in that resolution. I do save it on "8" or "high". I have walked through this with Ccokeman, also. We are kind of dumbfounded. The drop dialog box in the ss is the default when I bring up Elements. I also changed my preferences to show everything in pixels instead of inches, no change.

post-9458-1187133750_thumb.jpg