Weekend BBQ

mazakman

Well, pork shoulder roast was on sale this week at the local supermarket. We bought 10 of them, 8 were used to make fresh sausage and the 2 that were left over were roasted on a wood fired BBQ (actualy a smoker but great for BBQ). I prefer wood (Maple or Cherry if I can find it) to propane, it's time consuming but the results are worth the effort.

Roasts and refreshments, I'm sure bigred would agree that the beverage is fitting for the occasion. :D

Platter of fresh sausages made a couple of hours earlier.

Little buggers getting roasted.

Here's one of me that the wife took through the screen door while I was sticking my tongue out, by that time the brews were going down rather well. :lol:

We finnished the night off in front of the little outdoor fireplace that's right in front of me.

If anyone is curious I used fresh basil and oregano, hot paprika, salt, pepper and garlic for the sausages. The basil, oregano and garlic was ground up in a blender then mixed into the meat with the other spices. The sausages are a bit too lean but they were very tasty.

The roasts were stuffed with several cloves of garlic each and covered with Montreal steak spice. During the cooking I'd throw a few cloves of garlic into the fire and close the cover, the aroma was wild, must have driven the neighbors crazy. :lol:

you make me wish I had a garden lol... stupid student accomodation is pretty tight with barbeque use... I have a massive one too from the States

I've never made my own sausages... I remember helping my parents make them as a kid though :)

those are some fat roasts hehe

you make me wish I had a garden lol... stupid student accomodation is pretty tight with barbeque use... I have a massive one too from the States

I've never made my own sausages... I remember helping my parents make them as a kid though :)

There you are - a good reason to visit my mansion down the road. We have about ... 30 acres of land attached to the property :) though the standard garden is quite nice too :lol:

Actually they were pretty small. For the wife's birthday I had 2 whole pork shoulders in there, it was a tight fit. :lol:

Can't you get a portable BBQ? It would be better than none and I bet the other students would pay to have some of what's cooked on it.

Man that looks tasty. I can smell the garlic from here.

MMMMM... love the smell of smoking garlic! :D Also keeps the vampires away (mosquitos)! :lol:

mmmmmmm... alter of charred animal flesh and the nectar of the gods!!!!!

looks like the perfect weekend.

I couldn't have said it better. :lol:

I got to tell you it was quite a feast. We also had some fresh corn on the cob and string beans from the neighbor's garden. Man did we pig out last night. :lol: