Why do you use FireFox?

kendellrt

I switched to FF back in the dark days of IE 6, when it didn't have tabs or a google search thing at the top right. I know that IE now does tabbed browsing and google searches, but I still think that FF handles that a bit better, and I like how you can have those bookmarks on that top bar, and I like how the buttons are arranged (forward, back, stop, etc). And I also like all of the addons and stuff.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I switched to FF for the tabbed browsing. Then I discovered adblock. :) I also have to wonder why FF is so resource intensive. But that begs to question how much all the ad-ons have to do with the memory usage.

why NOT to use IE.

1. you will ALWAYS get a virus

2. IE7 is worse than AOL browser

3. everyone that i know who use IE regularly has gotten malware to the point were the computer barley turns on

4. everyone that i know who use Firefox regularly has NEVER gotten malware

enough said?

Sadly this isn't a case where you can have your cake and eat it as well. If you go totally to IE you're going to be dealing with popups and the like unless you have another program running in the background to counteract that. That means that precious system resources are wasted but it's not like that matters with your rig. With FF you won't have to deal with that stuff(provided you get the right addons) but some of your pages won't work though I have yet to find many pages beyond certain parts of the microsoft website that won't work on FF. You can go one way or the other OR you can take the road between them and use both explorers when the situation calls for it.

:huh:

You're hating on them because they have produced(over time) the, currently, best OS for gaming? I just won't ever understand some people.

They did not produce the best OS for gaming. They have used dirty tactics such as vendor-locking. Over 90% of games are Windows-only on the computer platform. This has nothing to do with them "having the best OS for gaming". Sorry, but a bloated OS that is easily slowed down by spyware and other crap is NOT suited for gaming. I understand why you don't understand me :P

Edit: BTW, sorry for the off topic post

Edited by rivalary

I use it because it has Adblocking and is generally more user friendly for me. The security is great too, as IE is quite susceptible to homepage hijacking ... most annoying indeed.

I must agree on the memory issue. Thankfully, with 2GB+ of RAM in most machines, people tend not to notice, unless you leave FF open for ages (12+ hours for example) and come back and find it is quite laggy!