Why do you use FireFox?

kendellrt

I have gone back to FF after a long time away from it. It seems that it has a lot more compatibility issues than it used to have. I seem to be setting pages to use ieTab all of the time. I'm thinking of going back to IE7, which I actually like, just because of these kinds of problems. I love to have adblock plus and other add-ons, but I don't know if it is worth it.

Why do you use FF? Try to reconvince me!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to 1 site with compatibility problem...other than windows update.

And I use it... I don't know why. Been using it since beta...and it's worked great.

I go to sites that just don't render right, or they stall. Of course, there are also others that give the error that they will only work on IE.

I jumped to FF back in the day because I got a taste of tabbed browsing and just couldn't function without it on IE. Having 16 IE windows open on 256 megs of ram is not fun. Since then IE got tabbed browsing but FF still dominates(imo) due to it's incredible versatility in the form of addons, extensions and themes. It's just wicked nice and, for me at least, it uses less resources than IE especially when the tabs start piling up.

I use FF for basically every website except when updating windows. I use the IE tab addon for that. Works like a charm.

I go to sites that just don't render right, or they stall. Of course, there are also others that give the error that they will only work on IE.

Odd...well, if IE fits your needs go for it. I really never cared which browser I used. In fact I found it pointless to move to firefox. But someone moved the IE icon on our old computer and I was too lazy to find it, so I just kept using FF. Been using it since just because I use it lol.

If IE does what you need and FF doesn't, well that's a simple solution heh.

I jumped to FF back in the day because I got a taste of tabbed browsing and just couldn't function without it on IE. Having 16 IE windows open on 256 megs of ram is not fun. Since then IE got tabbed browsing but FF still dominates(imo) due to it's incredible versatility in the form of addons, extensions and themes. It's just wicked nice and, for me at least, it uses less resources than IE especially when the tabs start piling up.

I use FF for basically every website except when updating windows. I use the IE tab addon for that. Works like a charm.

I guess I feel that if I have to use ieTab for everything, then why don't I just use IE?

i use firefox because it starts with F!

no not realy but wouldent that be great?

nah tabed browseing + addons + ending with x + bookmark toolbar being just the way i like it.....

did i mention it starts with F?

I use Firefox because I don't like how when IE crashes, it takes down all of explorer with it. As well, you shouldn't be using the main part of your Windows shell for browsing the internet.

There's also a few little things, such as extensions and how when I open a new tab it goes to my homepage rather than saying "You've opened a new tab!" Maybe you can change IE's behavior on that but I just haven't bothered looking for it. Another small reason is that I hate Microsoft's monopoly on gaming and if I can choose to use an alternate program to MS's, I will do everything in my power to.

I guess I feel that if I have to use ieTab for everything, then why don't I just use IE?

Sadly this isn't a case where you can have your cake and eat it as well. If you go totally to IE you're going to be dealing with popups and the like unless you have another program running in the background to counteract that. That means that precious system resources are wasted but it's not like that matters with your rig. With FF you won't have to deal with that stuff(provided you get the right addons) but some of your pages won't work though I have yet to find many pages beyond certain parts of the microsoft website that won't work on FF. You can go one way or the other OR you can take the road between them and use both explorers when the situation calls for it.

Edit:

Another small reason is that I hate Microsoft's monopoly on gaming and if I can choose to use an alternate program to MS's, I will do everything in my power to.

:huh:

You're hating on them because they have produced(over time) the, currently, best OS for gaming? I just won't ever understand some people.

Edited by iKillSteal