I think it's time.

nsillej

Aside from the minor hardware changes recommended here, you'd probably see a nice immediate speed boost by reinstalling Windows. Everyone needs a fresh reformat after a few years anyway.

Reformat, download the latest drivers for everything, disable some of the unnecessary visual effects and services that are running with XP, and you could see an instant 10-15% boost in performance before even touching the hardware.

Well my parts are here and now I'm just waiting for my water cooling parts to get here. Should be monday or tuesday. I went with a e6850 GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6 and G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 HZ. I'm currently running it on Stock HSF..... Man I hate mounting them. Maybe by thursday or so i'll have some kind of a respectable o/c on this thing.

Well I noticed something strange with voltage... I hand the old F4 bios and the same version of CPU-z when I had bios set for 1.55 cpuz showed 1.55 Then I did a bios upgrade and it said 1.52... So I upped it for 1.55 showed in cpuz... i think bios says 1.57 or something like that...

I idol at 43 and load at 45 ambient says 39 but I'm not sure how correct any of that is. my AS5 hasn't set yet so it should go down just a bit But no I've not had time for orthos yet just got stuff going tonight. But I've been doing some installs and stuff for the last 3 hours at this clock.

Edited by nsillej

Well I noticed something strange with voltage... I hand the old F4 bios and the same version of CPU-z when I had bios set for 1.55 cpuz showed 1.55 Then I did a bios upgrade and it said 1.52... So I upped it for 1.55 showed in cpuz... i think bios says 1.57 or something like that...

I idol at 43 and load at 45 ambient says 39 but I'm not sure how correct any of that is. my AS5 hasn't set yet so it should go down just a bit But no I've not had time for orthos yet just got stuff going tonight. But I've been doing some installs and stuff for the last 3 hours at this clock.

It always amazes me that anyone can trust a piece of software for voltages. Especially something like CPU-Z, which isn't even meant for system monitoring.

If your idle is 43, there's no way your ambient is 39C. Even with watercooling, you're going to be 10+ degrees above ambient. That's probably chipset temp.

Edited by Bleeble

Nice clocks, you can use OCCT to check the stability as its only a 30 minute test then move on to orthos when you think you got it where you want it. Are you using the newest beta version of cpuz? I know the knew beta version will read the volts where the older one would not on the C2Ds.

well I'm "trusting" it and it was correct so maybe its right this time. Any how its set to 1.57 in bios. I think it might be right because I think I'm pushing my Power pretty much to the max. Antech Neo 480 I think thats going to be my next purchase. ambient is probably actually closer to 23c like beeble suggested. Air conditioned room..

well I'm "trusting" it and it was correct so maybe its right this time. Any how its set to 1.57 in bios. I think it might be right because I think I'm pushing my Power pretty much to the max. Antech Neo 480 I think thats going to be my next purchase. ambient is probably actually closer to 23c like beeble suggested. Air conditioned room..

What motherboard are you using?