Water cooling setup

Hey whats up OCCers whats crackin? I am about to upgrade my system. I am looking into water cooling. My choice of items:

CPU Waterblock: AquaXtreme MP-05 PRO Limited Edition

Radiator: Swiftech MCR-220

Pump: Swiftech MCP655-B

Fans: (2)Delta AFB1212SHE 120x38mm Super High Speed 151cfm

Reservoir: Swiftech MCRES-Micro

Coolant: MCT-5

Tubing: ClearFLEX 60 Tubing 1/2" ID / 5/8" OD

I am not sure on tubing size. Is this correct? Or can I use 7/16 I.D. tubing for 1/2 barbs? Open to all suggetstions and ideas.

Edited by savage70

If you heat up the ends of the 7-16 ID tubing in hot water you can get it over 1/2 OD barbs but don't expect the tubing to come off any time soon which is both a pro and a con to doing that. Don't know much about WC parts myself so I can't really be of any more help that that.

I'm guessing by your waterblock choice and monitor that you reside in UK/Europe?

I can vouch for the pump/rad/res (as I use them on my main rig) but I'd go for the D-Tek Fusion over the block you suggested as it is cheaper and higher performance

also, do NOT get those fans if you plan on sitting within a 50 metre radius of the computer... you don't need that much airflow as you get diminishing benefits above around 70CFM...

No I live in the US. I just was doing a lot of research on this watercooling stuff. And I thoght the more cfms for the fans the better. So u r suggesting fans that have about a 100 cfm output? And what do u think about the Apogee GTX CPU waterblock?

I'm guessing by your waterblock choice and monitor that you reside in UK/Europe?

I can vouch for the pump/rad/res (as I use them on my main rig) but I'd go for the D-Tek Fusion over the block you suggested as it is cheaper and higher performance

also, do NOT get those fans if you plan on sitting within a 50 metre radius of the computer... you don't need that much airflow as you get diminishing benefits above around 70CFM...

fans with around 100 CFM will be plenty... I have Panaflo M1A fans that have a max CFM of like 89 and I don't always run them at full speed (usually only for extended full load or gaming - as I have CPU + 2 GPU blocks)... more CFM *is* better, but as a rough example, say at 70 CFM you got a CPU load of 40

I went with the Dangerden Maze4 Low Profile SLI kit (2x Maze 4 Low Profile GPU blocks + 16x OCZ BGA ramsinks)

- solid barbs, unlike Swiftech's unconvincing MCW50 where the tubing "magically" stays in there

- a lot cheaper than a full coverage block

- rotateable 90

Hey thanks for the info. I plan trying to cool the graphics cards as well. Using water blocks for the gpu and heat sinks for the ram. Unless u have any other ideas.

I went with the Dangerden Maze4 Low Profile SLI kit (2x Maze 4 Low Profile GPU blocks + 16x OCZ BGA ramsinks)

- solid barbs, unlike Swiftech's unconvincing MCW50 where the tubing "magically" stays in there

- a lot cheaper than a full coverage block

- rotateable 90

I duno, I'm at like 8+ months right now and all I have had to do once was top off the tube.

You're shooting yourself in the foot if your rig ever springs a leak. Fluid inside WC systems should be changed regularly so that it doesn't collect particles(metal particles from the pump, organic growth, etc) which will permit electric current from traveling through it. It's worth spending 30 minutes every month(or whenever you have the time) changing the fluid so it doesn't kill your parts if it leaks.