Quick Cooling question about conroes

Im building a computer system for my bro, and I was wondering

between the e series intel cpus the conroe cores and the allendales, which one runs the coolest?

and would stock cooling be ok for these cpu's, it's gonna kinda be a budget gaming system, so he's not gonna OC or anything. but just wanted to check with the xpertz first :-D

thx

With no OC, the stock cooling is definitely sufficient... after all, that's why they ship it with the processor. :rolleyes: Actually, you could even do some mild overclocking with the stock HSF.

I don't think that there's any processor that's that much cooler than the others. But I imagine that a lower-clocked CPU would be more likely to have lower temps.

With no OC, the stock cooling is definitely sufficient... after all, that's why they ship it with the processor. :rolleyes: Actually, you could even do some mild overclocking with the stock HSF.

I think he doesn't want the room to heat up? I think a lower voltage chip would be the coolest...

I think he doesn't want the room to heat up?

What makes you think this?

Either way, stock cooling is pretty decent at stock MOBO settings and will be quite inaudible while idling and doing basic tasks.

If he is not overclocking the conroe will give better performance at roughly the same temps as the allendale. Stock cooling is fine at stock volts. The stock cooler is even good with a mild overclock as long as you don't up the vcore. How do I know I tried it.

I think he doesn't want the room to heat up? I think a lower voltage chip would be the coolest...

A processor running at a constant speed and voltage is going to put out the same amount of heat whether you use the stock HSF or phase change. It's simply a question of what temperature the CPU is. That said, undervolting would be the quickest way to lower heat output.

Since it won't be overclocked let price be the deciding factor and get the fastest one you can afford. You can use the stock heatsink as long as you make sure you have good airflow through the case. I prefer heatsinks that have the fan oriented so that it blows towards a rear case fan - such as the TT120, Zalman's 9500 and 9700, etc.