Thermaltake Bigwater 745

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unfortunate that people are to stupid to just answer your question. Anyway in my opinion, its not that it isn't a good kit its just that overall performance and how cool it keeps your rig. There are better for cheaper. It will cool your rig nicely however you could get something that is higher quality and will cool it even better. Lets say your CPU is running at 35c idle. You slap in the Tt BigWater and then your running at lets say 32c idle. What people are saying is that you could get the same performance from the bigwater that you could from buying a top end air cooler. Or spending a little more cash and getting a top end water cooler that will out cool the Tt.

Thanks for some actual information other than "Don't get it" and one question: Multiple radiators = loss? I was thinking of using a 360 MM (i think) before the CPU and then an 80 MM after the CPU but before the video. Thats worse than one radiator?

It's unfortunate that people are to stupid to just answer your question. Anyway in my opinion, its not that it isn't a good kit its just that overall performance and how cool it keeps your rig. There are better for cheaper. It will cool your rig nicely however you could get something that is higher quality and will cool it even better. Lets say your CPU is running at 35c idle. You slap in the Tt BigWater and then your running at lets say 32c idle. What people are saying is that you could get the same performance from the bigwater that you could from buying a top end air cooler. Or spending a little more cash and getting a top end water cooler that will out cool the Tt.

Is this not a definition of performance? Stupid!

Thanks for some actual information other than "Don't get it" and one question: Multiple radiators = loss? I was thinking of using a 360 MM (i think) before the CPU and then an 80 MM after the CPU but before the video. Thats worse than one radiator?

Most radiators are restrictive (the exception being the Thermochill PA series). The more restriction you put in a loop, the lower the flow. The lower the flow, the lower the performance. A single 360mm radiator is always better than a 120mm and a 240mm. It's not necessary to add in a second radiator after the CPU because a good radiator can handle the heat from both. Note that I said a good one. ;)

Edited by Bleeble

More radiators (more ANYTHING, for that matter) also adds more tubing, which adds more head on the pump, which reduces water flow, which reduces cooling performance. Also, more tubing and more parts means more fittings, meaning more complicated setup, and more places for possible leaks. I'd say in general, the best water setup is the simplest one that gets the job done.

Also, there's no need to put a radiator after every heat source. In fact, in a good water setup, there's no need for multiple radiators at all. A radiator cools all of the water in the whole system, not just the one part that comes before it. Remember, the water loop is indeed a LOOP. You don't need rads at multiple places within the loop because all the water passes through every part every time it goes through the loop. One radiator can cool multiple heat sources.

the main reason the Bigwater series is SO poor is because everything it comprises of is rubbish... the pump is weak, the tubing is very narrow ID (inner diameter) the fittings are restrictive, the blocks are restrictive and inefficient at cooling...

air cooling can out-perform the entire Bigwater series... that should give you an indication of how poor it really is

the only advantage of using the Bigwater at all would be for a low-noise solution for a computer running at stock voltage... I would NOT use it on a dual core 939 cpu... and I wouldn't use it on any computer due to the history of leaking problems with it (due to the rubbish fittings) and the fact that I have air heatsinks that outperform it

Newegg "reviews" are very misleading, do not pay attention to them

More radiators (more ANYTHING, for that matter) also adds more tubing, which adds more head on the pump, which reduces water flow, which reduces cooling performance.

I think thats was already said :rolleyes:

I have another idea, this one more normal than the rest :lol: What about getting a really long radiator and mounting it over the Part of a window AC the cool air comes in through? Then Insulating the hose and putting foam and silicone around the socket? Just an idea and if its stupid don't get mad.

I have another idea, this one more normal than the rest :lol: What about getting a really long radiator and mounting it over the Part of a window AC the cool air comes in through? Then Insulating the hose and putting foam and silicone around the socket? Just an idea and if its stupid don't get mad.

<sigh>

Yep. He's back...

Anything that involves sub-ambient temperatures obviously requires the usual precautions, but as long as you are prepared to go through with them then I don't see much of a problem with it.

I would build a regular water cooling system first and see if you are happy with it before that though, simply because it's better to learn one thing at a time.

How serious are you about water cooling in the first place?

Also, once you are going sub-ambient, you may as well consider phase change anyway.

Anything that involves sub-ambient temperatures obviously requires the usual precautions, but as long as you are prepared to go through with them then I don't see much of a problem with it.

I would build a regular water cooling system first and see if you are happy with it before that though, simply because it's better to learn one thing at a time.

How serious are you about water cooling in the first place?

Also, once you are going sub-ambient, you may as well consider phase change anyway.

:withstupid: I couldn't have said it better myself.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

You wouldn't have said that anyway <_<

@ jammin, I wish I could spare 1k for cooling :lol: but an AC costs like 80 bucks and then like 300 for water... I already have an AC so... :D