Thermaltake Bigwater 745

I know last time I mentioned this that people told me not to get it. I didn't. But looking at newegg reviews, people got really nice temps and high over clocks. I know not to trust newegg reviews... but they look good... Anyone have it? The price dose seem too good...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone here said not to buy it and you know not to trust Newegg reviews... why are you even asking? <_<

It's a waste of money. Just buy an Ultra-120 Extreme. You'll get the same performance without wasting a ton of money and having to worry about leaks from a shoddy prebuilt kit.

I am asking because I look at newegg reviews. Read my above post. And people say not to trust them because they are not professional (Ok, possibly true) and they don't know what they are talking about (possible). But from what I have seen Thermaltake has paid quite a few people to lie or quite a few people misread their clocks and temps, or maybe... just maybe it is actually a good product? :rolleyes: Whats wrong with it? If you setup it properly it won't leak. And is a water block, radiator, pump, tube and coolant. Which one of those isn't good? I think some positive comments will be coming to this thread. A case in the gallery has the bigwater and someone responded "sweet water setup" (I guess he could have been paid to say that or not know what hes talking about)

Here's some real-life data for you, as if there wasn't enough on the web..

My friend had one on a stock speed 3700+, temps were hardly any lower than my 3200+ Barton on air. TBH I could get vaguer than that, but it would be difficult. Either way gives you an idea of the performance.

So you asked once before, and everyone said no. Now you're asking again because of newegg reviews (which you already know most of us don't trust at all).

Do you expect us to give a different answer than we did last time?

What's the point here?

@Verran, I asked about the Bigwater SE. I am just wondering the week points... dose the pump not move water? Dose the block not allow water to pass through? Dose the hose not hold the water? I just want a reason to think its so horrible. This thread (I guess) should be named "Whats wrong with the big water?" Maybe all the parts are cheap, IDK all I know is its horrible but no proof. (with the exception maybe of p4blo32's post)

But:

Reviews Just look

Edited by coolcat97

I don't think anyone is saying it doesn't work as a water cooling system, that is what it's designed to do after all.

What people are saying (and most of them have experience with water cooling), is that you can build a much better setup by selecting parts yourself or even that it isn't really an improvement over high end air cooling (which would cost considerably less money).

Yes but the way people here are talking, they wouldn't touch the bigwater with a 50 foot pole. How would they know? (not that I doubt they do) and Thermaltake is a good company... maybe they improved it? TT air coolers are good...

@Verran, I asked about the Bigwater SE. I am just wondering the week points... dose the pump not move water? Dose the block not allow water to pass through? Dose the hose not hold the water? I just want a reason to think its so horrible. This thread (I guess) should be named "Whats wrong with the big water?" Maybe all the parts are cheap, IDK all I know is its horrible but no proof. (with the exception maybe of p4blo32's post)

But:

Reviews Just look

Its not that it leaks, its not thats it doesn't hold water, its simple POOR PERFORMANCE compared to others...

dose the pump not move water?

Dose the block not allow water to pass through?

Dose the hose not hold the water?

These are some of the lowest expectations I've ever heard of for a watercooling system. If these are the types of things you look for in a water system, then I can save you a ton of money by building one from parts at your local hardware store or supermarket.

I judge the BigWater systems (just like any other watercooling system) based on performance. How much does it cost, and how much does it cool. That's all. And the BigWater systems (slap any set of letters and numbers on there that you want) always come up short. Tt is a well known name, but usually they market to people who aren't incredibly informed, and not the hard-core modders that do their research. There are exceptions (like the BigTyphoon), but generally you won't see well-informed shoppers preferring Tt cooling products over companies like Zalman, Thermalright, and Swiftech.

Most of the BigWater kits I've seen are easily beaten by air coolers (which usually cost less than half the price).

The tubing is small.

The pump has low flow and low pressure. Want proof? They brag about the pump discharging 400L/hour (and that's almost certainly exaggerated or, more likely, an outright lie). My pump discharges 933L/hour.

The blocks are poorly designed with equally poor performance.

The radiators are so bad they couldn't cool water in a fridge.

That particular kit has two radiators, which is a very poor way of doing things. Especially when I could buy one good 120mm radiator with better performance.

Any questions? :rolleyes: