An Experiment in Airflow

I was thinking of cutting a hole with my 110mm hole saw drill bit combo deal and putting on of these on there. I may or may not put a fan behind it. That way at least there is not an open hole in the side plexi.

I was referring more towards the exhaust fans in your case. The steel honeycomb is quite restrictive ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting out those restrictive meshes is certainly a good start, reduces noise as well as increases airflow a bit. I remember back in 2005 doing the same to my Tsunami and getting a 2c reduction in case temps.

You don't even have to get fancy with it, I just bought some cheap tin-snips. The cuts weren't pretty, but you get exactly the same effect.

:withstupid: I thought I was the only one that used tin snips, I cut all of my cases on my folding rigs a few years ago...

Tin snips fan club :lol: - the winner is who can prove theirs are the cheapest ... mine were only

I never thought of doing that. I don't have anything heavy duty enough to handle it. I really want a dremel. I am way to anal retentive to not have a clean cut out of those fan covers.

I never thought of doing that. I don't have anything heavy duty enough to handle it. I really want a dremel. I am way to anal retentive to not have a clean cut out of those fan covers.

Tin snips should do it ya know ... you never know until you try ;)