Going Where No Modder Has Gone Before... (i Think)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't you just put the mobo in the fridge or something.  FREEZER! hehe.

Put everything in there that will be overclocked, take out things that might freeze like the cd drive etc...

I've thought about buying a mini fridge and putting all the goodies in side, but didn't know if it should be airtight or what the effects of it would have on the parts. Didn't know if it would have like the icey build up or how to prevent that cause that would be bad.

fish tank

Edited by Exception

it would cost money i dont have too...

maybe in a few months, i can save up

2 eheim pumps.... $200

3 innovatek radiators... $250

40sq feet of plexiglass... $63

2 tubes of caulk...

Edited by [Prime]Stryker

well i am only an apprentice electrician but it will only trip the breaker the outlet is hooked to and yes the ps could burn/catch house on fire as to waterproofing everything or a kind of nonconductive liquid i am not sure

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

found this site and I am amazed that you guys are still haggling over how to do it. I have my computer almost a year submerged with older MB, the latest one about 6month submerged without any problems. Website to see pictures, just pictures no text:

www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Lagoon/3373.

The one problem I have is the E-Heim pump, it starts to leak sometimes, so I start working on a non circulating aquarium with AC in it. Working on the parts right now since they want $500.- for a fishtank AC unit. Can make one myself much cheaper then that. :D

Have Fun

The pictures are real the computer IS SUBMERGED, no fake :D

Edited by beppi

ive heard of it being done with min oil many times...gues it works ok but just a regular water cooling system would make much more sence and be alot less risky, all it would take is one thign falling into the water to mess it all up...spill some grape juice in thier and your screwew