Going Where No Modder Has Gone Before... (i Think)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shiznattt thats a lot. i think you guys are really making good progress with the tank. overall ive heard:

1: airtight

2: use HFE

3: container for psu and drives away from water.

4:no fish

for the container for the psu and the drives i would try to make it airtight as well and just water cool the psu (not submergable water cooling). that way the whole tank is air tight. - but how would u go about getting everything inside and closing it to be airtight?

would have to make a airtight section of the case for the psu so water doesnt get in, or, in other words, add onto the top of the water tank.

when u fill the tank, does it have to be "filled to the brim"? can u have any air in the at all when u do it? im not sure thats why im asking.

I've seen a site on the web where it has been done....

I'll look for it!!

The issue is dirt...

Sure the distilled water or mineral oil won't conduct electricty, but it is that one spec of dirt that enters the system the wreaks havoc.....

Here is One:

Immersion Cooling

On the second page of that, when the water passes through the liquid nitrogen wouldnt it freeze stoping the circulation of water?

LOL @ the liquid nitrogen

can't you just put the mobo in the fridge or something. FREEZER! hehe.

Put everything in there that will be overclocked, take out things that might freeze like the cd drive etc...

I remember reading in a mag about a liquid nitro cooling setup. This guy had overclocked to the point where after four minutes of full utilization, the CPU (which was a v fast athlon) would burn out, even considering the sheer cooling power of the LN. I think this guy holds the current PC overclocking record.

dude ive thought the idea myself, and their is a better way to do, and ive seen it done. 3M make nonconductive fluid, its totaly sterile, and wont develop any bacteria, unlike the distilled water (it will get contaminated when you handle it and let it get exposed to bare water or anything you touch). that fluid works great, but you should get a radiator, and some pumps. your better off just buying one of those refrigerator cooling systems though, its probiblty less expensive and will get your processor colder

(max pc mag got a p4 up to 3.67 ghz running a -4 degrees farenhight). Just a thought though. The comp i saw with that idea worked although it was an older system, so i cant tell you how well it works. Best of luck mate