Going Where No Modder Has Gone Before... (i Think)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought to consider is the effect heating and cooling would have on the plexiglass. Constant heat changes causes plastics to become brittle. I'm not sure if this would have the same effect on plexiglass, but it is worth a thought.

IntelBoy

that's a water cooled system .. w/ a duct over the spu also .. that's how the temp is so low ... the water cooler is droppin the temp but the rush of air over the water cooling system on top of the prcessor dispates more heat .... very nicely done .. i did water coolin and had problems the whole time w/ water leaks and the dye actually died the lines too .... (blue uv respnse dye and a black light make for a nice show at a lan :) ) .. but when water gets dirty is does conduct electrisity and the submersing idea would only work for a day or two then the mobo would fry itself from the minerlas that would be put out in the water ... great idea though ....try like an idea where the mobo is enclosed in a lil dome inside a fishtank ... like a lil city ina fishtank that would be pretty nifty and it would double as a heater for a fishtank (who turns their computer off anymore .. )

-Ricky

mine will boot in under 30 seconds . but i still leave it on .. when you turn off a computer and you have alotta fans .. dust settles .. so i just leave it on and the inside doesn't get as dusty ... going on 3 monthes and still almost dust free .. :) lol

Hell yeah man, i'm working on a complete submerged mobo, ram, graphics card, ect

HydroFlouricEther is the way to go though, completely non conductive,

Although you have to make the case completely air tight, which is where i'm running into the problem,

But i have it all mapped out, and a model made with 3dMax if anyone'd like to take a look,

Submesion is going to be the computer cooling wave of the future

Muninn :D

like i said, you should have a liquid-free cage in the front and back for psu and ide drives

also, you wouldnt have to worry about minerals, since it would all be nice and clean, and no minerals could get in the water

Distilled water wouldn't work. Even distilled water is conductive, as even pure water naturally ionises to a minimal equilibrium of H+ and OH- ions in the water, which would conduct electricity. As others have said, HFE would work.