Pre order the Thermalright IFX-14 CPU Heatsink

I couldn't find any good reviews. Only one at [H] that compared it to the stock cooler. <_< That cooler for the back of the mobo looks like it might do some good though.

EDIT: Sidewinder apparently has it too: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thifforinlga.html

The Ultima-90 is looking promising too :)

BAM! http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/shop/produc...productid=16578

Edited by Bleeble

Think about how warm the bottom of the CPU socket gets ;) not all heat goes upwards to the heatsink, so it can help reduce core temps from both sides. I'd imagine if executed properly, it'd be a good idea.

And the IFX-14 is huge!

That thing is just massive, is it supposed to fit with a 939 socket?

It has optional bolt-down screws for 939.

@ Silverfox: I just don't see how it can dissapate that heat, what kind of surface is there to contact. I do think that it is cool that you can put one or two fans on it, or even midship ventilation. I'd like an OCC review, please.

It has optional bolt-down screws for 939.

@ Silverfox: I just don't see how it can dissapate that heat, what kind of surface is there to contact. I do think that it is cool that you can put one or two fans on it, or even midship ventilation. I'd like an OCC review, please.

Well, you may have a thermal pad there, much like how ramsinks do on graphics cards. That, and the back of 775 sockets at least, are quite flat. Even if it is not perfect contact, some contact is better than none. For example, where your power supply may fit flush against the top of your case - it's not got thermal paste, but sure, it still uses the case to dissipate heat :) ghetto, but possibly decent.