Still not stable!

Ste

Current Settings and Information:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P DS3 (REV 3.3) BIOS F10

Heatsink: Scythe Mine With artic Silver 5

RAM: (1 GB x 2) G Skill HZ

RAM Timming: 4-3-3-10 2T (As set in CMOS)

CPU: E6600, Rev B2, Stepping 6. Speed: 3.303 Ghz

Vcore: 1.51256

MCH Voltage: + 0.2

FSB Volatge: + 0.2

RAM Voltage: + 0.3

Load Temp on SMP: Variable, MIN: 46C, AVERAGE: 52C , MAX: 57C )

Load Temp on orthos: 60C

2005358733099188009_rs.jpg

It was stable through seven SMP WU's, but at some point during the middle of the night it restarted...

Should I just continue to give it more Vcore? I just don't know what to do anymore... :unsure:

Oh, on a side note, I still can't figure out how to change the Command rate for the memory on this board...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can not change the command rate on that board. I have been messing with my DS3 and put water cooling on the ver. 3.3 with my E6600 that came out of my other water cooling rig that was stable at 3825 and I can not set it over 396 X 9 with the DS3. I can go on up with Easytune and am folding at 3750Mhz but in the bios it will not boot over 396 bus speed. I had a 450 watt Antec on it and 12 volts rail was showing 11.8 volts and it would get unstable with easytune even so I put another PSU I had here a Antec 500 modular and the volts went up a little over 12 and it got more stable at higher clocks in easytune.

My settings are:

Bios: F12

Vcore: 1.525

MCH Voltage: + 0.3

FSB Volatge: + 0.3

RAM Voltage: + 0.4

PCIE: +0.1

PCIE: 105-110

396 X 9

Have you tried setting your RAM to 4-4-4-12? I think you will have better luck at that setting that what you have posted in the screen shot.

Edited by road-runner

Well Ok, Ill give it a go. The ones showed in on of the CPU Z's is the SPD of the RAM, the ones I set in the CMOS Myself are 4-3-3-10...

Darn, I can't believe we can't change the Command rate on this board.. bahh..

Update: I set to 3.312 Ghz, set RAM Timmings to 4-4-4-12 and set Vcore to 1.5250.

Ill see what happens. I mean, through seven WU's stable is ok, but its just not good enough for me...

Update: I set to 3.312 Ghz, set RAM Timmings to 4-4-4-12 and set Vcore to 1.5250.

Ill see what happens. I mean, through seven WU's stable is ok, but its just not good enough for me...

If your chip is anywhere close to the two E6600s I have you should be able to get 3.6 with 1.525 volts give or take a little. Watch your temps I am on water. You may try 5-5-5-15 over 400 bus speed if you have problems

Edited by road-runner

That's a 965P issue, if not cooled enough, it will SUCK completely when you try to increase FSB's towards 400MHz. Try putting a small fan, or even an 80mm fan onto the northbridge heatsink. It gets insanely hot, even on my DS4 with the funky heatpipe stuff.

If your chip is anywhere close to the two E6600s I have you should be able to get 3.6 with 1.525 volts give or take a little. Watch your temps I am on water. You may try 5-5-5-15 over 400 bus speed if you have problems

Dude, those are G.Skill HZs, Micron D9GMH, they should easily do 4-4-4-12 above 400MHz!

That's a 965P issue, if not cooled enough, it will SUCK completely when you try to increase FSB's towards 400MHz. Try putting a small fan, or even an 80mm fan onto the northbridge heatsink. It gets insanely hot, even on my DS4 with the funky heatpipe stuff.

Dude, those are G.Skill HZs, Micron D9GMH, they should easily do 4-4-4-12 above 400MHz!

I have to put mine on 5-5-5-15 above 425 to pass OCCT?

Bump: Shorta

Can't I change the command rate through software somehow? Or is the performence increase negligible..?