41 members have voted

1. 1. Does AS5 or Ceramique truly "Break-in?"

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed drops of roughly the same amount. It does take a few heat and cool cycles as well.

Well, my computer has never been off since I built it... So I dunnue if it really takes a "few heat and cool cycles as well." Maybe it did with you, but I can't say the same as my computer has never been off. :unsure:

I have noticed drops of roughly the same amount. It does take a few heat and cool cycles as well.

I know the the instructions for AS5 say that it needs about 200 thermal hours and thermal cycles. I assume it is so that the metal particles can settle. Ceramique takes less time and doesn't seem to mention more than 25 thermal hours or so.

I know the the instructions for AS5 say that it needs about 200 thermal hours and thermal cycles. I assume it is so that the metal particles can settle. Ceramique takes less time and doesn't seem to mention more than 25 thermal hours or so.
AS 5=Then the compound thickens slightly over the next 50 to 200 hours of use to its final consistency designed for long-term stability.

C

Ok, Arty Smarty Pants! I simply added that there must be thermal cycles with AS5 also, and I didn't know if Ceramique did. Oh, and a few days is less than 300 hours!

Does anyone else use a special thermal compound aside from the cheap stuff or AS products?