lets cool a dell!

so the fan is dying on my old dell, and I need either a 92mm fan with a fan controller to replace it with, or a new hsf and also an exhaust fan. I also need to pick up some thermal grease, and I want to pick up a thermal probe so I know what temps its running at. So I need suggestions. $50 or less total would be great, also, I'm thinking about picking up both mx-2 (where can I find this stuff?) and as5 to do a comparison if I have enough money left over and I will let you all know what I find out.

edit: P4 2.4Ghz (socket 478 i believe)

I'm interested in seeing the comparison between thermal pastes, but I have to ask... why in the world would you waste $50 cooling a Dell?! :blink:

Just get a cheap fan and replace it.

I'm interested in seeing the comparison between thermal pastes, but I have to ask... why in the world would you waste $50 cooling a Dell?! :blink:

Just get a cheap fan and replace it.

that is a good point, $50 is allot, I was factoring in getting a thermal probe and a fan controller to test the thermal pastes. But i Just realized that I could test the thermal pastes on my xbox and that would let me know which is better. I'm looking through newegg now for a good fan. Hopefully, by waiting till tommorow to order, I will grow sane enough to not buy a tornado for this dell.