Heatsink fan for Q6600?

well lets see whats a good heatsink/fan for this cpu because i kinda don't like using stock coolers. Anyone have suggestions?

I was looking at getting a

ZEROtherm BTF90

The best heatsink available is currently the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme. It can be had for as low as $55 at Petra's Tech. Add a Yate Loon D12SH fan for $6 and you're set! :)

The best heatsink available is currently the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme. It can be had for as low as $55 at Petra's Tech. Add a Yate Loon D12SH fan for $6 and you're set! :)

Thanks alot :D.

btw is arctic silver 5 a good choice.

Yes it is. Apart from some rather exotic and expensive products, AS5 has the best performance. Arctic Silver Ceramique is a close second, only a degree or two behind.

tuniq comes pre-lapped?

Nothing comes pre-lapped unless the vendor offers it as a service. Some just have better surfaces than others. Thermalright has been slacking on the mating surfaces lately.

im buying a new rig with an e6750 in the next 2 weeks and plan to get an Ultra120. i wanna get a fan thats quiet (not silent) but strong, maybe something with a build on speed control. ive done the whole fan controller in a 5.25 bay and i really didnt like its presense, tons of extra wires. any suggestions? also 2 fans doesnt seem to be worth it, more noise for minute gain.

bleeble mentioned the Yate Loon D12SH, any others i should look into?

also ive never lapped before, is it as foolproof as it seems?

Edited by invidious