Completely Baffled - Any ideas?

shmuls

I'm a n00b overclocker, but have been working and living with computers for some time so I know my way around (only laptops, thus no overclicking experience). I recently purchased myself a new rig (spec below) and was keen to try out the potential of the E6700. but when I tried to push the chip AT ALL it just wouldn't post!! Eventually, I found this guide, as it is exactly my MoBo and Bios, and changed the voltage settings as suggested. However, even now I can only get it stable at 3.2, and it won't post at anything past 3.35. My personal goal was 3.66, which I know to be possible with this chip, and don't understand where I'm going wrong!

SPEC:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (Rev 3.3)

DVD Drive Samsung SH-S183L DVD

can you list what your voltages are? On all of the settings? Also, what is your RAM multiplier at?

-Memory Multiplier [2.00] (i.e. 1:1)

- lock PCI-E frequency at [100 MHz]

-DDR2-Overvoltage [2.0v]

-PCI-E Overvoltage [Normal or +0.05]

-(G)MCH Overvoltage [+0.1]

-FSB Overvoltage [+0.1]

-CPU Voltage [1.4v]

two culprits, DDR2 Voltage should be at 2.1V's for most RAM, and CPU voltage needs to be more than 1.4V's for those kinna speeds. My E6400 needs 1.4V's to do 3.2, but for more I need significantly more volts.

two culprits, DDR2 Voltage should be at 2.1V's for most RAM, and CPU voltage needs to be more than 1.4V's for those kinna speeds. My E6400 needs 1.4V's to do 3.2, but for more I need significantly more volts.

But would that explain why it wouldn't even post at a 335 FSB?!?

yes, the RAM might not be able to take it! Had similar issues with my GeIL's, the chips just need 2.1V's or more to function anywhere from crap!

bumped it up to 2.2, still not posting at 335 FSB