intel Or Amd?

Guest tlivingston

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if you want to have your system OCed in about 2 secs, while just going into the bios.

i d go for intel.

if you want to be able and OC more, but unlocking it , and stuff, id go with amd :)

Untrue, with any nforce2 board, tbred b cores are unlocked automatically. I didnt have to unlock my xp2400 with my Asus A7N8X Deluxe. I simply changed the fsb and multipliers in the bios.

Edited by Sloth

I ain't on Intel's side, but HT is not useless. It's like a dual CPU.

But no one is going to burn a CD while gaming. It isn't useless, just not something most should go for.

if youre not gonna use something wouldnt that render it useless? :P

sadly, there has been a lot of posts based on opinions here...

im tired of ppl saying 'amd is good because they are cheap'... this is true, but the funny thing is, they are faster AND cheaper...

9 out of 10 tests ive seen show that amd and pentium chips at the same clock (even amd's model vs intel clock) and the amd wins. simply because amd's mathematical cycles are so much more effecient

its not a matter of money to me, or opinion (i have my favorites), i buy whats best, and ACTUAL RESEARCH shows that AMD is exactly that...

know i dont care if you all buy pentiums, dont start crying or anything. they are not bad in the least, thats just your decision, i base my decision on fact :blink:

Edited by Mercury

Mercury, you are confusing this by answering a different question. The original question had to do with overclocking, not which is faster for the same cpu speed. I'll stick by my original answer that Intel overclocks better. You'll notice in my sig I've bot both Intel and AMD; one for my main home and one for my lake house. I've tried AMD chips from Athlon 1.4G, XP1600+, and now 3 different XP2000+'s and none of them overclock very much. The 2000+'s whose default speed is 1.66GHz will overclock to about 1.8GHz-1.9GHz at the most. Yes, I've got the A7N8X which unlocks the AMD's, but I've also unlocked them myself. These overclocking amounts are pitiful compared to my Intel 1.6A that runs 2.7GHz all day on air cooling.

actually the title of the thread was "intel or amd?", therefore it would be likely that i could assume it was about intel vs amd cpus... i dont have tie to read every post, i just see the title, and respond...

the answer is less supported, but i still stand by my answer even in regards to OCing... mhz-wise, i think that pentiums may be slightly more overclockable, simply because they run cooler (if you were to use the same cooling, that is) but overall, amd wins, due to the fact that you can unlock their multiplyer, and therefore reach higher overclocks...

the fact that you are discussing which CPU is better for overclocking is silly... overclocking *does* affect the cpu, but the higher speeds are reached by having OTHER good parts (memory, hd, mobo) and not the cpu :blink:

hyperthreading is useless, the barton 3000+ performs just as good and often better than the ht. But im done too....go with amd :P

offcourse, because at this time there are no programs based or compatible for it. wait till the summer, or the end of the year. all games, heavy programs will support it, and AMD will have to come up with some better technologie. intel was just a little to fast with there invension, but that's always because someone needs to come with a new thing, and all the others are going to base there products for it. ;)