Help please!

hey,

I have an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 it comes stock at 2.66 ghz. I'm also using an asus striker extreme mobo. I've been trying different clock speeds on it, and I almost had it stable at 3.3 ghz. I got that speed by setting the multiplier at 12 and raising the FSB a little. I then tried getting that speed by lowering the FSB by a relatively substantial amount and raising the multiplier by a much higher amount. The computer now won't get past the opening screen when i turn it on, it stays frozen there and won't let me into the bios or post at all. i reset the cmos but that didn't do a thing, I'm also using a water cooling solution so i don't think i burnt the cpu up. Is there anything I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

first off, welcome to OCC!

second, why don't you list the specs of your computer hardware ;)

this will help us in finding if you have any weak points

I updated my profile, hope that helps. Thanks for helping me out.

Core 2 Extreme QX6700; 2 MSI geforce 8800's OC'd ; 4 Gig 800mhz (4x1 1 gig) OCZ Platinum ram ; 1TB 7200rmpm Hitachi hdd; Cool it eliminator water cooling system; Asus striker extreme mobo; Ageia physx card; Coolermaster stacker case

Not sure how much help but try this.....

Start computer up, when it crash hold power button till it shuts down,

Do this 3 times, this can sometimes hard reset bios when over clocked.

Did you monitor the temps when you where OC, if so what did they report back when you got it up to the 3.3g.

Another bios reset can be to change the jumper and leave it on the setting for 10 minutes and then switch it back and power unit, i know my other system never resets bios for the 5 sec change on jumpers.

My new system is like above, restart it 3 times, and it will auto reset bios for me on a over clock.

Not sure how much help but try this.....

Start computer up, when it crash hold power button till it shuts down,

Do this 3 times, this can sometimes hard reset bios when over clocked.

Did you monitor the temps when you where OC, if so what did they report back when you got it up to the 3.3g.

Another bios reset can be to change the jumper and leave it on the setting for 10 minutes and then switch it back and power unit, i know my other system never resets bios for the 5 sec change on jumpers.

My new system is like above, restart it 3 times, and it will auto reset bios for me on a over clock.

hey, whenever i start it up it freezes on the Asus logo (actually it says republic of gamers but w/e) and I hit delete to go into Bios but it won't let me, i tried restarting it like you said, but it didn't work. Also i never actually got into vista to get the temps, it's just frozen on the very fist screen. What do you mean switch the jumpers? like the jumpers for the power and the reset? Thanks

I've done a lot of research on the Striker Extreme.

There are a lot of people who claim that the CMOS reset switch does NOT work. As Kingdingeling said, disconnect all power for a while and try again. I even heard some people say press the reset button while its power is disconnected. Try every possible thing while the power is out. If that still doesn't work, RMA it. That board has lots of problems.

no offense.

Edited by IceDog711