About to place order for water cooling, need to finalise list plz...

M3NF

Ok first can i say thanks to you all thats help me on my quest to water cool my system, specially to bleeble.

I plan to order within the next day or two, yes i couldn't wait a month lol.

Ok want i like to know, my below list is of everything i plan order, but can you check to make sure that its everything i will need, even let me know if itts the silly stuff like at5 or even the water itself lol.

Thermochill PA120.2 - Barb Size 1/2", not sure of how i am mounting this yet, so maybe some ideas there if you could.

ThermoChill PS120 Performance Shroud - Size 120.2

YATE LOON 120mm - D12SL-12 UV Blue Frame with 4 Blue LEDS

Laing DDC2 12V 18w Pump - Barb Size 1/2"

Petras Tech DDCT-01s Delrin Pump Top - Barb Size 1/2"

Swiftech MCRES-Micro Res - Barb Size 1/2"

Masterkleer 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) PVC Tubing

12mm Hoseclips Pack of 10

D-TEK FuZion CPU Block - Barb Size 1/2"

LGA 775 Waterblock Backplate (Metal)

I currently have the AT5 thermal paste, my lapping items.

The water itself i still unsure what to get, so advice on that if possible, needs to be blue thou, and not clear then UV Blue :)

Can anyone think of anything else i may need to complete my kit to cool just my CPU currently.

Thanks again.

Edited by M3NF

Thermochill PA120.2 - Barb Size 1/2", not sure of how i am mounting this yet, so maybe some ideas there if you could.

ThermoChill PS120 Performance Shroud - Size 120.2

YATE LOON 120mm - D12SL-12 UV Blue Frame with 4 Blue LEDS

Laing DDC2 12V 18w Pump - Barb Size 1/2"

Petras Tech DDCT-01s Delrin Pump Top - Barb Size 1/2"

Swiftech MCRES-Micro Res - Barb Size 1/2"

Masterkleer 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) PVC Tubing

12mm Hoseclips Pack of 10

D-TEK FuZion CPU Block - Barb Size 1/2"

LGA 775 Waterblock Backplate (Metal)

You didn't like my L-bracket idea for mounting the radiator? :lol:

I assume you're buying two of those Yate Loons, correct?

So you've decided to go with a reservoir then? Why not a T-line with a fillport?

How much tubing are you buying?

I currently have the AT5 thermal paste, my lapping items.

The water itself i still unsure what to get, so advice on that if possible, needs to be blue thou, and not clear then UV Blue :)

I think you might have a tough time finding any good UV reactive fluid. You'll probably have to use some die.

Can anyone think of anything else i may need to complete my kit to cool just my CPU currently.

You're sure you don't want to get a GPU block while you're at it? :D

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. :thumbs-up: Are you still going to paint your case?

You didn't like my L-bracket idea for mounting the radiator? laugh.gif

Na i forgot about that one, thank for reminding me thou. Issue one now solved :)

I assume you're buying two of those Yate Loons, correct?

Yep will be two of these, thought i get some blue led one's to brighten the case up more :)

So you've decided to go with a reservoir then? Why not a T-line with a fillport?

Well i not 100% set on this, but after reading more, your fault may i say lol, i heard a few things that it will make life easy to drain, i do want to have it easy to run, being the noob i am at this, also with the more volume of water will help a little more to cool, and saves me drilling the case, thou i ordered my 25mm bi metal hole saw lol, and finally it allow more of a look to the case. Again convince me i am wrong thou, i am new i just unsure 100% what is best there.

How much tubing are you buying?
I ordering 12ft in total i should only need about 10 but to be safe i want to make sure i got enough, i hate to get it all set up and can't finsh it due to something like that.

You're sure you don't want to get a GPU block while you're at it? biggrin.gif

Na that i am sure right now, 2 reasons i not over clocked my gpu at all, and to scared with doing this lot, don't need to make it worse lol.

I think you might have a tough time finding any good UV reactive fluid. You'll probably have to use some die.

Yer i looked around for a all in one liquid that is blue, i dont care about being UV, as long as its blue, only ones i seen is fluid xp+ which i been told stay away from, and the other is on ebay, its hard finding stuff here in UK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Feser-One-Water-Cool...oQQcmdZViewItem

But again i not sure its ok, i guess better than no water ah :P Also will 1 litre be enough you think for the setup ?

Are you still going to paint your case?

Yep sure am, i got the paint order yesterday, so all ready there. Now i got the funds, i was thinking of nicking my son's computer (he's 5) and adding an account onto it so i can use his for a week or two depending how long this takes lol, so i can start work now, i think it may take a little time to strip it all done and box it all, then to build a new drive bay and cut it done, and respray then buy then i should hopefully have the parts come though to start the building side of it, and i planned to lap it all before it goes in, problem is i am so fussy with the looks, wires took me about 6 hours to do the way i wanted them this time, so i don't know if 2 weeks will be enough :P

Either way it save time starting now, just need to clear space lol.

Edited by M3NF

Well i not 100% set on this, but after reading more, your fault may i say lol, i heard a few things that it will make life easy to drain, i do want to have it easy to run, being the noob i am at this, also with the more volume of water will help a little more to cool, and saves me drilling the case, thou i ordered my 25mm bi metal hole saw lol, and finally it allow more of a look to the case. Again convince me i am wrong thou, i am new i just unsure 100% what is best there.

When it comes to draining, all you'd have to do with a fillport is take the hose off the bottom and tip the case a bit to start. Then just disconnect it at a point lower in the loop and drain some more. Even with a reservoir, you'll have to pour some out and then disconnect it somewhere else in the loop. Or you could just take everything out of the case to drain it. You can actually use a fillport as a drain plug too. I really like the idea. I just happened to have one left over from my first watercooling attempt 1-2 years ago, so I used that instead of buying another. Just make sure you use a brass or acetal fillport if you decide to use one as a drain.

In the end, it's largely a matter of personal preference. There's no significant performance difference between a T-line and a good reservoir. I obviously prefer the T-line. :D

I ordering 12ft in total i should only need about 10 but to be safe i want to make sure i got enough, i hate to get it all set up and can't finsh it due to something like that.

12ft is more than enough. You'll probably have 2-4ft left over, but that's a good thing. You'd regret not buying more if you ever have to change or add anything.

Yer i looked around for a all in one liquid that is blue, i dont care about being UV, as long as its blue, only ones i seen is fluid xp+ which i been told stay away from, and the other is on ebay, its hard finding stuff here in UK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Feser-One-Water-Cool...oQQcmdZViewItem

But again i not sure its ok, i guess better than no water ah :P Also will 1 litre be enough you think for the setup ?

I've never heard of that coolant/brand before. That's generally not a good sign. Maybe you can find this in the UK. One liter is more than enough. The container of MCT-5 I bought was 945ml and I was able to fill a loop with one more waterblock and a bigger radiator and still have enough left to top things off 5 months later. Actually, I still have about 150-175ml left. :)

Just make sure you do all of your cutting and drilling before you paint anything. I found out the hard way that spray paint bubbles when it gets too hot. :lol: And don't forget to post pictures of your progress.

Cheers, i think i see if i can get hold on some colling stuff there then, shame UK is harder to get most water cooling items, but still i got every else i needed.

Thanks for the heads up of cutting and paint, but yep planed to cut first, in fact i now on my sons computer, mine is all striped and i am cutting away :P Man i made some HUGE holes in the front, talk about 25cm fan on the rad it will be lol, its kinda scary right now as i cut near on the whole front away, yep i got pics so far of it stripped as a shell, and i take pics of the front cut out when i finished, will post some pics up later tonight if i get that far lol, have to start a new thread on progress lol.

Ah come on :P not got time to post :) got to work on case first lol.

Na i get some pic's up tonight or later depending how the next stage goes, case is all cut, paint has come today so i starting that now, will post some pics when i got her all tidy and black hehe. Hopefully that will be today. Then i can start my lapping while waiting for the parts to come for the water cooling, i placed the order now, so should be all go go go for the next week or so.

Anyone know how easy it is to mount the petra top to the pump, i did come across a movie of how to do it, but i cant access my computer lol, cheers

Pic's soon.

:withstupid:worth.gif

pmsl, well all i can say there m8, is this tread not about the project :P So there, its about making sure i got what i needs :)

Will get some pics up laters thou hehe.