I think I have waited long enough

gotdamojo06

First, get an Ultra-120 Extreme for $65 instead.

LOL! It's so funny you mention that because I debated back and forth on whether to include that one instead. Normally, I champion the 120 Extreme cause myself, but I figured the $5 for the sink and extra $10-20 for the fan could actually make a difference on his budget.

So I guess I'll just leave it up to mojo :P I totally agree with Bleeble. The Ultra-120 Extreme is a better cooler, so if you can fit it in and don't mind buying the extra fan, I think it's worth it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! It's so funny you mention that because I debated back and forth on whether to include that one instead. Normally, I champion the 120 Extreme cause myself, but I figured the $5 for the sink and extra $10-20 for the fan could actually make a difference on his budget.

So I guess I'll just leave it up to mojo :P I totally agree with Bleeble. The Ultra-120 Extreme is a better cooler, so if you can fit it in and don't mind buying the extra fan, I think it's worth it.

That's true, I didn't think about the fan. But he can nab a Yate Loon for $4-6 each from Petra's along with... hey, the Ultra-120 Extreme is only $55 at Petra's! :P

Edited by Bleeble

Wow guys, I appreciate all the hard work you have put into helping me, I think that I will wait for the E6850 to launch on the 22nd for the reasons that it will be cheaper and it will be a better chip. Plus I have noticed that if you pick up a chip when it first launches the overclockability of it is so much better than waiting a month or so.

The reason that I picked a board with 2 PCI-E slots is so that in the future I would be able to add another one is either SLI or Crossfire, however that is not the most important thing. Same with getting a really high performance DX9 card, DX10 is right around the corner, in about a year or so there will be some good games and great cards out there for cheaper. Hell I have ran with a Radeon 9200 for just about all of my computer life. I personally think that the difference between the 1950Pro and the 9200 is going to be so much that I'm going to fall in love with that card. I would fall in love with any card thats better than this one.

I may stick with the board that I have already chosen or I may go with a different one. I'm not quite sure ATM, however I will probably follow verran's suggestion fairly close and hopefully get this by the end of the month.

Keep the suggestions coming and thank you all for the help so far. :)

I think that I'm going to get the Thermaltake Aguila Case VD1000BWS - Black case and wait until the 22nd when the E6850 comes out and then go ahead and get most of the parts. That way I will have a few extra bucks and maybe my mom will give me lend me some money. :)

That case looks nice. I do have to say that the Armor is the best case I have ever worked with. It is gigantonormous, though.

I liked the Armor, however it is a little bit more expensive also, the Aguila has the side fan and the Armor does not, just means I would have to make one, but thats too much work for me. :lol:

I will still have to debate between the two of them and decided when the time comes and see how much money I am spending on drives and everything else first. The case is usually the last thing I worry about, I can always take apart the one I currently have my stuff in and use it, even though I don't want to.

King, I know this is probably my 3rd post about building a new computer, I have more motivation this time to build it, I have finally got all the things that were currently wrong with the car fixed up, I have some money saved up that I can spend, I have my car paid off...in short, yes I am going to actually going to build this one, I know I have wasted peoples time before, but this computer is really starting to irritate me, the temps are too high, graphics suck, the OC isnt high enough, scores suck, I cant brag about having a good computer or a top of the line one any more....

I will be purchasing the parts as soon as the E6850 comes out, which was stated above it was coming out on the 22nd. So by the end of the month, I will have a new computer :)

Thanks for the concern King and again I am sorry about wasting everyones time before :(

I liked the Armor, however it is a little bit more expensive also, the Aguila has the side fan and the Armor does not, just means I would have to make one, but thats too much work for me. :lol:

Well I just got my new Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS case an hour ago. This thing is awesome to say the least. And it comes with a 25CM side fan as well as the 90 for the case top, a 90 for the HD rack, a 120 for the case back and a 120 for the case front!

I have to say that I am impressed. It even has knockouts for water setup. I think that I will be very happy with this one for some time.

Just have to wait for my new PSU to show up and I can start assembling everything. Can't wait to get this one up and running.

Well I just got my new Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS case an hour ago. This thing is awesome to say the least. And it comes with a 25CM side fan as well as the 90 for the case top, a 90 for the HD rack, a 120 for the case back and a 120 for the case front!

I have to say that I am impressed. It even has knockouts for water setup. I think that I will be very happy with this one for some time.

Just have to wait for my new PSU to show up and I can start assembling everything. Can't wait to get this one up and running.

:withstupid:

There is one more vote for the Armor. I'm telling you, it's worth it!

King, I know this is probably my 3rd post about building a new computer, I have more motivation this time to build it, I have finally got all the things that were currently wrong with the car fixed up, I have some money saved up that I can spend, I have my car paid off...in short, yes I am going to actually going to build this one, I know I have wasted peoples time before, but this computer is really starting to irritate me, the temps are too high, graphics suck, the OC isnt high enough, scores suck, I cant brag about having a good computer or a top of the line one any more....

I will be purchasing the parts as soon as the E6850 comes out, which was stated above it was coming out on the 22nd. So by the end of the month, I will have a new computer :)

Thanks for the concern King and again I am sorry about wasting everyones time before :(

No worries, was just asking. Wasn't sure whether I should give advice or not :lol: j/k

I would go for Verrans suggestion, it looks like a nice system. And I can only recommend the X1950Pro, have one myself, in fact, I am using it right now :)