Need to silence my PC

I'm on a similar silence quest now...my X1950XT needs silencing big time, but not at the expense of blowing hot air around the case... :(

I also just ordered some Sennheiser HD 595 headphones and a Little Dot MK III headphone amp :D can't wait! Oh and hardnrg is going to make me a lovely interconnect :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. :) I just got a RSA Tomahawk for my portable rig.

I actually found some copper wire, so I used that to bridge the connection on my PSU. :)

In other news, I got this thinking it would fit in my case, but it doesn't. :glare: A dremel could fix the problem, but of course, I don't have one laying around. (Well I did, maybe 10 years ago...No idea where it is now, though.)

And...I can't get the stock heatsync off of my 8800GTS. :huh: I don't want to break the card... :( So I guess it's off to google! :rolleyes:

And...I can't get the stock heatsync off of my 8800GTS. :huh: I don't want to break the card... :( So I guess it's off to google! :rolleyes:

Whoa there, I havn't read the entire thread but may I ask why you are changing the cooler on your 8800? The fan on that is one of the quietest in my case, and my pc is really very quiet - only starts to get a bit more audible when under load and the PSU heats up so the fans speed up, otherwise its near inaudible at idle.

Well, too late for that, I wiggled it, it came off, I put on the Thermalright heatsync 3 times (please, don't ask), and I have the wrong HSI heat sync. :) Thank you xoxide, for sending me the old revision of the HR-03 Plus! I really appreciate that I will not be able to use my computer until I can get the new HSI heat sync. :D

By the by, is it heatsync, heat sync, heatsink, or heat sink?

Is there any way to get the northbridge cooler off of my mobo without taking my mobo out of my case? It has those plastic push "fasteners," like on that lovely HSI heatsync.

Edited by LivingGhost

Well, too late for that, I wiggled it, it came off, I put on the Thermalright heatsync 3 times (please, don't ask), and I have the wrong HSI heat sync. :) Thank you xoxide, for sending me the old revision of the HR-03 Plus! I really appreciate that I will not be able to use my computer until I can get the new HSI heat sync. :D

By the by, is it heatsync, heat sync, heatsink, or heat sink?

I didn't know there were different revisions for the Plus. Everything else fits except the HSI heatsink?

It's heatsink. ;)

Is there any way to get the northbridge cooler off of my mobo without taking my mobo out of my case? It has those plastic push "fasteners," like on that lovely HSI heatsync.

Nope. I can't stand those push-pins... <_< I've got the same thing on my mobo and chipset HS (HR-05 SLI). I should really find something to use as a backplate.

Edited by Bleeble

I wonder if I could stick a flat-nose screw driver behind there...Probably not. <_<

And yep, everything but the freaking HSI heatsink. Do you think I could use it for a few days, without gaming (like I can game right now anyway <_<), and be fine?

I wonder if I could stick a flat-nose screw driver behind there...Probably not. <_<

And yep, everything but the freaking HSI heatsink. Do you think I could use it for a few days, without gaming (like I can game right now anyway <_< ), and be fine?

I dunno. I'm not sure what the HSI chip does or if it gets hot enough to need a heatsink. I would assume it does since they included one... Maybe someone with that card can tell you otherwise.

Anyone? :|

Xoxide hasn't replied back to me. <_< I'm going to go give them bad feedback if they don't reply tomorrow. Maybe that will get them to fix this. :glare: :angry2:

Don't be hasty young squire! It's the weekend - questions might not be dealt with until Monday ;)

Well being angry at them will make them take longer. Did you bust the stock heatsink to the card?

No, I just don't feel like taking the HR-03 off and putting it back on later. I'm out of AS5 anyway.

And, I sent them one polite email. I can wait. Heh.