Cable Sleeving

Hi all

This is my first post :D , new member, so I hope you guys can help me out.

I need so help with my case. I want to put sleeving on my power supply. But I have some questions since this is my first time. I got 7 feet of 1/4 and 4 feet of 1/2 blue sleeveing form forzencpu, I also the cool amp tools to easly get most of the cables out. :P

Here are my questions. I can't use the amp tools on the big square connector, it's the one that connects from the power supply to the mother board, also on the "square" connestors the amp tools won't work. So how do you suggest I disconnect them so I can put the sleeve on?

My second question is : What is the thing at the end on the sleeve that goes over the sleeve? On frozencpu's site it looks like they put electricail tape on the end. I would like to do the same but not sure if that is what you use. So could someone please help me out here.

Thanks for you help :)

Hi Bender u have come to the right forum for your question. i have cable sleeved my psu ( which is now dead) but i didnt sleeve the ATX power connector. One reason is "So crap Hard to." It is so freakin hard to remove these things because they arent like the molex connectors. And is hard to see where the stops are inside the pins.

Well there is actually one way to sleeve it that might be very risky. You can take apart the psu cover and u see where the wires that the ATX power connector is Soldered onto. You can desolder them and sleeve it that way. The risky part is doing a bad job resoldering them. But thats only if u know how to solder stuff very well.

The molex conenctors are quite easy. I used a paper clip to poke out the pins. But make sure u know where the yellow,black,and red wires go.

Tape is not good to seal off the ends. Get some heatshrink and a hair blow dryer and u can do it that way.

Next time if your goin to want to buy more cable sleeving never go to FrozenCpu for it. Try this site here if u want the same quality sleeving and heatshrink.

Here is a pic of my sleeved psu.

Hope this helps u!

Hey, thanks for you help really appreciate it :)

I will figure out a way (hopefully) so I can sleeve my motherboard connector. I found some heatshrink wrap that I had so I will use that instead on electrical type. Also I will try out that site you mentinoed NyCUnDaGroUnD. After this I can finnaly put my 2 led fans on :lol: !!

Again Thanks for your advice :)

Edited by [R]BENDER

I know this is a month+ after the fact, but I hope you haven't damaged anything...

As far as the mobo connector, use some bigger sleeving and just slide it over the connector... it's a whole lot safer and then you can pull the sleeving tight and heatshrink it that way... if you try to desolder or take the wires out of the connector, you risk blowing up your PSU if you screw up and also damaging your mobo/cpu/vid/everything else

I mean you can try to buy like 1 1/2" inch cable sleeving but its goin to hard to slip it thru the atx connector because of the sharp edges of the connector. Even if u manage to slip it thru the results wouldnt look good. The perfect cable sleeving when u see that the sleeving is stretched abit over the wires.

For the molex connectors i use 1/4" sleeving. For the ATX power conditioner use 3/8" sleeving.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Thanks for you help guys.

Heres where I am at :

I tryed to do my whole psu In 2 days, which I found out the hard way it takes a long as time to do :angry: Also I used cheap Radio shack heat shrink :( whcih caused many problems So I order some heat shrink from Xoxide and wire loom from that cable management site (thanks for the site :D) Any way my stuff came in today and I tryed putting it on and it looks reall good. I hope i will be able to post of picture of it whn i am done.

Again Thanks for all your help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Well this went to hell fast.

I got the right heatshrink and applyed it to one line of my psu and he went fine. Then I unsleeved two lines I already did with the cheap heatshrink and redid them. I needed to anyway becuase the sleeveing got burned as well as the heatshrink. After that I looked at the pins of the 2 i redid and the pins were as messed up. All were very crooked and distortded. So there is no way i will put that PSU in my machine. I lucked out cause I will be moving my comp into a different cause. (comes with 400watt PSU :P ) So I am just going to use wire loom on that one.

hey dimension, is that a tt smart case fan 2 that you have for rear exhaust? what is the purple around it?
Ya he has a Tt Xaser case and the purple thing is the fan holder obviously you are not a serious modder cause you must have never seen the Chieftec cases, which are the most popular cases out there, JK