This guy got Vista to install in two minutes!

kendellrt

The Betas didn't blue screen for me EVER unless I tried to run things I knew were incompatible.

I figure this is a case of PEBKAC. :lol:

:withstupid:

I had Vista installed for a while and experienced maybe one crash in that entire time. Vista was definitely stable, but I went back to XP because of it being too much of a resource hog (I didn't feel like shelling out money on new hardware so that my OS could run smoothly). There are some great features in Vista that I miss in XP, but overall, I'm happier with XP, especially once the novelty factor of Vista wore off.

Perhaps once I do a full upgrade I'll consider Vista, or maybe I'll just wait for the next version of Windows as there currently isn't anything really compelling about Vista for me to really want it. However, I AM looking forward to Leopard :D

Well I have had no bsd's at all and it runs. But it is SLO and I have 2 cpu's with 4 cores. 8 cores total @ 3.0 ghz.

AND IT IS STILL SLOW.

Why are you running a Windows OS on a computer with 8 cores?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Vista and XP not support more than 2 cores correctly?

i like Vista! so hah, at everyone slanging it off. Yeah it uses more ram and stuff but so? and i have never had a single BSOD

Living ghost, i think that is true for XP but not sure about vista. I would have thought that anyone with 8 cores would know what they are doing and what the problem is not just go blaming the OS. anyway 8 cores are pointless unless you are called Bigred.

i like Vista! so hah, at everyone slanging it off. Yeah it uses more ram and stuff but so? and i have never had a single BSOD

Living ghost, i think that is true for XP but not sure about vista. I would have thought that anyone with 8 cores would know what they are doing and what the problem is not just go blaming the OS. anyway 8 cores are pointless unless you are called Bigred.

Honestly, I think that anyone with 8 cores in their home PC is either bigred, or stupid, buying the most expensive mobo they can, and putting the most expensive processors in it that they can.

• 1 month later...

I went through my "I hate Vista" phase for about 24 hours. I couldn't get it to install on a brand new build, but XP had no problem installing at all. Well it turned out that the hard drive was bad. XP would eventually corrupt (within hours). Turns out Vista was doing me a favor by not installing, or I might have been running on a timebomb. :D

Vista's the man.

• 3 weeks later...

What was his idea of a "brand new machine"? I mean, if it was brand new, It would have vista on it already. Sounds to me someone has the case of the stupids. next time, go across the screen to the 14 year old kids house and have him do it. that way when he gives it back to you a few hours later, you can feel stupid all over again.