• Xbox 360 with HD-DVD Drive
    • Both
    • Neither
  2. 2. Do You Own A Blu-Ray Player?

• Standalone Player
    • PS3
    • Both
    • Neither
  3. 3. Do You Own An HD Format PC Burner?

• HD-DVD Burner Drive
    • Blu-Ray Burner Drive
    • Both Drive Formats
    • Neither

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no x3 here too ...

although i my mac has a plugin so i can play blu-ray .. i have no discs to try that

i like other have a HDCP 19W lcd monitor and a large 37" (well large to me) LCD TV upstairs ..

Well, this is proving my theory better than I had expected :) It seems that if there really is a format war, someone forgot to tell the customers :P

I have to compleatly agree with you on this one Verran. At this point in time it really doesnt feel like there is a format war at all. Most people iv asked dont even know about blue ray or hd dvd, they think there the same :P

Does anybody know how long it took dvd to catch on? If i remember correctly i dont think it took nearly as long as hd and blu ray :P

I don't own any proper HD stuff yet, but I wouldn't mind some. :P My rig is all set up for HDCP, but I can't really see a big difference in the HD clips I download. The quality is a bit nicer, but nothing awe-inspiring, to be honest.

I own multiple HDTVs but there's no way in hell I'm going to help out this format war.

I'll stick to HD content streamed from my HTPC until one of the two formats dies.

Does anybody know how long it took dvd to catch on? If i remember correctly i dont think it took nearly as long as hd and blu ray :P

DVD was faster, but DVD offered the HUGE advantage of not having to rewind (remember that? :P), plus there was no format dispute with DVD.

DVD was faster, but DVD offered the HUGE advantage of not having to rewind (remember that? :P ), plus there was no format dispute with DVD.

:withstupid: Not to mention the massive jump in visual and audio quality! And you can't wear out a DVD by watching it too many times either. :lol:

I don't have personal experience, but I've read that the difference between DVD and HD-DVD/Blu-ray isn't worth the hundreds of dollars it costs for the players. I voted "neither" for all three. That's 29 votes and every single one is "neither". You'd think that if anyone would upgrade to HD it'd be people like us. :rolleyes:

my monitor is capable of all resolutions up to 2048x1536, so I've watched some 1080p and 720p content and it is a lot better quality than regular DVD, but do I care that much? no lol... and my projector is only XGA (1024x768) so I get 16:9 @ 1024x576 and 2.33:1 @ 1024x433, usually upscaled from 720x576 anamorphic PAL DVD

Neither, Neither, Neither.

I don't have anything that'll handle 1080p, so there's not much point :lol:

I'm going to wait until free-to-air HD to get a 1080p TV... and that'll be a while, so they'll be cheaper :)