OCC News: Arctic Cooling Intros MX-2 Thermal Compound

jammin

OCC News Post

100x20-digg-button.gif

Artic Cooling recently introduced a new thermal compound into it's line-up of products. MX-2 follows on from the company's earlier released MX-1 compound and claims some impressive performance figures, especially for a product that contains no metal particles. That of course means it is also a Non-Electrical Conductive paste, with Arctic Cooling also claiming that it won't bleed or cure and that it should last for up to 8 years.

AC's cooling graphs show MX-2 outperforming long term enthusiast favourite, Arctic Silver 5. If real world performance can match that, then AC may have a popular product on its hands. What exactly MX-2 is made up of is not entirely clear, as it seems it may not be silicone based either.

MX-2 is available now, at a price of $7.95 or 5.95 EUR for a 4 gram tube, should you want to check out the claims for yourself.

MX-2 Product Page

post-8605-1184105387_thumb.jpg post-8605-1184105408_thumb.png

Edited by jammin

I hope the OCC is able to do some tests comparing this to AS5 and Ciramique. :)

:withstupid: Right. All we need is a few good reviews from trustworthy sources and you'll see a mass exodus from AS to AC.

Side Note: This new product aside what IYO is the best thermal compound to use. I ask because I have been using AS5 for some time but was wondering about branching out and trying something new like ZM-STG1 or maybe Ciramique.

Side Note: This new product aside what IYO is the best thermal compound to use. I ask because I have been using AS5 for some time but was wondering about branching out and trying something new like ZM-STG1 or maybe Ciramique.

I use AS5 for CPUs, chipsets, and GPUs. I use ASC for other stuff, specifically when there's a high chance of the paste getting onto traces or other components (like the voltage regulators on my 7900GT).

As far as I know, nothing beats AS5 (except for the absurdly expensive, extremely exotic stuff).

• 2 weeks later...