New to Inel E6600

So I have been looking around and cannot get any ideas what to start on for upping the CPU on my DS3 (Bios F10). I thought if I raised it up to 300 by 9x I could get somewhere to start...did not boot. So I put everything back to defaults in the bios and got into windows started cpuz and my memory says 400 MHz and my core clock is bouncing back and forth to x6 to x9 thus changing my core speed..?What the heck?

Edited by DILLIGaS

So I have been looking around and cannot get any ideas what to start on for upping the CPU on my DS3 (Bios F10). I thought if I raised it up to 300 by 9x I could get somewhere to start...did not boot. So I put everything back to defaults in the bios and got into windows started cpuz and my memory says 400 MHz and my core clock is bouncing back and forth to x6 to x9 thus changing my core speed..?What the heck?

Cannot find a step by step clear point to begging with how the bios is to look and what area to raise. Have been clocking AMD for years with no prob.

OK: Right after I posted I found this link to others if they need it...

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1169366

Still cannot figure out why my cpuz is bouncing around..

So I have been looking around and can not get any ideas what to start on for upping the cpu on my DS3 (Bios F10). I thought if I rasied it up to 300 by 9x I could get somewhere to start...did not boot. So I put everything back to defults in the bios and got into windows started cpuz and my memory says 400mhz and my core clock is bouncing back and fourth to x6 to x9 thus changing my core speed..?what the heck?

Can not find a step by step clear point to beging with how the bios is to look and what area to raise. Have been clocking AMD for years with no prob.

Try looking at this page and see if that helps...

There is a large list of things you should do before OCing a C2D.

Heres a list of some if not most/all.

1. Disable ‘AI Tuning’ for ASUS, ‘C.I.A.2’ for Gigabyte

2. Set PCI Express (PCIe) frequency @100Mhz (‘Auto’ for DS3/DS4/DQ6)

3. Set PCI frequency @33Mhz

4. Disable Hyperpath 3 (for P5W DH only)

5. Disable any ‘spread spectrum’

6. Disable Q-Fan (for ASUS only)

7. Disable ‘Limit CPUID Max to 3’

8. Disable any overvoltage protection

9. Disable ‘C1E’

10. Disable ‘EIST’

11. Disable Virtualization Technology

12. Disable No-Execute Memory Protect

13. Disable any other thing you don’t use

14. Do not enable any speed enhancements you see

Just hope you did not get one of the Bad OCing ones.. Like Mine...

EIST is off...still doing it, can see it jump and stay at 9x while othos is running

Read and do the list...... All of it.. <_<

Read and do the list...... All of it.. <_<

ok..got it at 2.9mhz and not jumping around..seems I did not turn off the C1E setting, out of the three.

From what else I have read it seems to be better to keep the x9 instead of the x8 with higher mhz?

You need to start adjusting Vcore, FSB voltage, MCH Voltage and RAM Voltage for higher clocks..

I would bump Ram voltage to + .2, MCH voltage to +.1 as well as FSb Voltage for anything higher than 3 Ghz, now you can try the vcore at 1.38 or even 1.4

That should get you to 3.2 Ghz easily, IF you didn't get one of the newer revisions. If you did get a newer revision you may need 1.5 Vcore to reach 3.3 Ghz or higher..

ok..got it at 2.9mhz and not jumping around..seems I did not turn off the C1E setting, out of the three.

From what else I have read it seems to be better to keep the x9 instead of the x8 with higher mhz?

It all depends. Some people have been able to get high OC's with a multi of 9 while others had to drop down to 8. There really is no way of answering that question until you try it out and see which one works best for you.