Lapped my C2D Today

I really can not see any difference in temps yet I am running about the same 46c Folding @ 3820Mhz. It will probably drop a little after the arctic silver settles but I did have a spoon also. I just used 800 grit and then 1000 and no water. Well its flat it sure can not hurt anything...

dsc00225nt9.jpg

dsc00230sd6.jpg

dsc00231gp8.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should check the CPU block to see if it is flat too. Did you use the 800 until the nickle was gone and then finish up with 1000?

I just used 800 until it looked flat then 1000 a few times. The Fuzion block is flat and like a mirror already. I have read several post everyone says there is no need to mess with a high end block like fuzion....

I just used 800 until it looked flat then 1000 a few times. The Fuzion block is flat and like a mirror already. I have read several post everyone says there is no need to mess with a high end block like fuzion....

Have you seen the mod that warps it to get better temps? I was rwading that the other night and guys swear it works.

Have you seen the mod that warps it to get better temps? I was rwading that the other night and guys swear it works.

Yeah, I've see it. People put rubber o-rings in between the layers on their waterblocks to make it concave (EDIT: any WB, not just the Fuzion). After all, you only need good contact in the center of the IHS/WB, right? And think about how much a convex WB will help if you have a concave IHS and don't want to lap it. It makes sense to me, but that doesn't mean I'd do it.

But from what I've seen/read, it isn't necessary with the Fuzion as it's already slightly convex.

Edited by Bleeble

well i copied everyone else and lapped my C2D and heatsink... both are really shiny now... but temps still about the same. like 53 under load. Definitely not happy about this because i spent several hours just making 2 mirrors and voiding my warranty. Great..

well i copied everyone else and lapped my C2D and heatsink... both are really shiny now... but temps still about the same. like 53 under load. Definitely not happy about this because i spent several hours just making 2 mirrors and voiding my warranty. Great..

Give it some time to settle and see what happens.