Sign in to follow this  
EM3Bilko

Switchboard

Today's update is the work that I've done about the power switch and the labeling of the fuse panel. Now to help set you straight about the fuse panel. What I have already done is the fuse panel cover but today's work is the inside of the fuse panel that you usually don't see unless the cover is removed. That is where I did some work. I marked off for each fuse and labeled what each fuse takes care of. Here is a photo to show you what I mean.

13395798_th.jpg

Now for the photos of the power switch. I have photos that show the inside of the case where the switch is located. Also showing photos of the card reader and without the reader. The outside shots are with the switch cover on and off. So here are the photos of my work with the power switch.

13396246_th.jpg

13396255_th.jpg

13396231_th.jpg

13396220_th.jpg

Last but not least is that I also got the reservoir installed. Here is a photo of how that turned out for me. It also has the tube to release the bubbles from the system.

13395804_th.jpg

So there you have it. I got quite a bit done this morning and now I'm pooped. So remember that all ideas and comments are welcomed and Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

WOW you're really coming along on this, I didn't realize that this was going to be such an in depth write-up... :O

Look awesome so far EM, you do very good work.

WOW you're really coming along on this, I didn't realize that this was going to be such an in depth write-up... :O

Look awesome so far EM, you do very good work.

Thank you for the comment Andrewr05. I'm just trying to do the best that I can with the memory of what I saw 48yrs ago. Plus thinking of things to put in or on it to make it look fairly realistic. Now to finish on the Water Cooling setup so that I can get this unit back into service. Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

Today's update is really a short one. Just a couple of photos showing that I've started putting the water cooling system back together. So here are the two photos which really aren't much but I did work on the project.

13414426_th.jpg

13414425_th.jpg

13414424_th.jpg

Now I know that still photos really don't show you much on a water cooling setup, so I made a short clip showing the water flowing in my Aquabay. Yes that is correct, I said water flowing, which means that the water cooling setup is up and running. It's in it's 24hr leak test as I write this post. So here is the link to YouTube to see the Aquabay.

WaterCooling is Running

The video clip was lit by way of a flashlight. Where I was working didn't have much for lighting so I used what I had available. So there you have my work for today. Remember that all ideas and comments are welcomed and Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

looks good, ill have to look at the video when i get home as my work blocks youtube.

Thankds neddamttocs for your comment. Yesterday I was able to finally get the last part to put the system together. Hot dog. Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

Don't have much of a update today, other than to tell you that the 24 hour leak test came through without a drop of water. I also have worked on the system that's going into Switchboard by putting in a video capture card. I need to do a little work in the BIOS because it's saying that I'm running a 2200XP when it's got a 2800XP. Nothing to worry about. It is being cooled at the moment with a Volcano11 right now and with that fan it's a good thing that it's fan is controllable because it's a loud unit. It will be a lot quieter with the water cooling setup on it. I also relocated where the phone's handset wire went into the case. It was located in the area where the LCD screen is going to be now. So I moved it to the right side between the edge and speaker bezel. Here are some photos of the new area.

13424530_th.jpg

13424531_th.jpg

Now to get the LCD screen to work and get it installed, get the BIOS to see the correct CPU, get the cables for the network setup built and installed, then I think that Switchboard will be just about finished. That would be wonderful. Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

I shut down the water pump today and started the change over from the socket a to the socket 939. I'm using a Swiftech 5000 water block that was setup for the socket A and have the upgrade kit for turning it into a socket 939. So here I'm sitting at the table opening up the upgrade kit and reading the instructions. Yes, I read the instructions. lol Then I empty all of the contents out of the bag to compare them to what is suppose to be in the bag and that's when all of my trouble began. I was missing almost half of what I was needing. I didn't even get the 4 screws that hold the bracket onto the block. So I called the company Swiftech because I bought it from them and they said that it will be sent out today by way of Priority Mail. Dang, this close to Christmas and I might not get it for a week or two depending on how swamped they are. Plus it has to come from California, the farthest you could get from me. So now Switchboard is now sitting on the back burner until I get my new parts. Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

Todays update is the making of a bezel for a floppy disk drive that will be going into the area where the LCD character screen was suppose to go. Until I get the LCD screen to work I thought that I would put in the floppy disk drive to plug the opening where the LCD screen had occupied. The first thing that I had to do was to make a bezel that would fit the area. The LCD screen is attached to a aluminum 5.25 drive bay cover, so the floppy drive is going to do the same. Here are a couple of photos showing the front and back of the drive cover after I had cut out the opening and finished the opening where the drive will fit.

13468113_th.jpg

13468116_th.jpg

The next three photos will show you the back of the bezel, I'll show you a full shot of the rear of the bezel and then the next two will be of the side area of the bezel and how the mounting attachments are sitting along the rear of the bezel. So here are the photos in the above order.

13468122_th.jpg

13468123_th.jpg

13468130_th.jpg

At this time I used a hot glue gun to glue the mounting attachments on the rear of the bezel because I found that my epoxy was hard and useless to me, so I'll have to get some more later. So until then the hot glue gun will have to do. Don't know how long it will hold. The first photo of the next three will be of the front of the bezel with the floppy drive glued in and the the following two photos will be of the drive in place in Switchboard.

13468120_th.jpg

13468137_th.jpg

13468142_th.jpg

So there you have what I've done today. I won't be changing the color of the floppy drive because it will be replaced with the LCD screen once I get it to working. So all ideas and comments are welcomed and Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

Just a short note to tell you that there is a small change that will take place due to Christmas for Switchboard. I was asked tonight from my mother what I was wanting for Christmas and I told her and she said for me to order it. Which wasn't a problem for me. So I ordered a new radiator to replace the 80mm radiator that I have on the 120mm adapter. So I purchase the 120mm Black Ice Pro from Danger Den and some barbs for this NorthBridge water block.

13424413_th.jpg

So this will give me a little more cooling capacity with having a dual 80mm and 120mm radiators. Then I'll also will be cooling the CPU and the NorthBridge or what ever you call it since this motherboard has a nVidia chipset since it's not setup with a NorthBridge and SouthBridge. So there you have it. A new setup for Switchboard to help keep it cooler. So until the next update remember that all ideas and comments are welcomed and also remember Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

Just a short note to tell you about a purchase that I made today for Switchboard. Here is a link to show you my purchase. I used the money I got for Christmas to make the purchase. This CrystalFontz LCD will be replacing the LCD screen that I have posted in the past for this project. Here is the link.

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/635/i...ml#CFA635YYEKU1

All ideas and comments are welcomed and Happy Modding to ya.

Today's update is to show you a few things that I have purchased and a bezel that I'm making for the LCD screen that I ordered. One thing that I've already posted about was the Christmas present Black Ice radiator. I received it the day after Christmas so I didn't have to wrap it and put it under the tree. lol I now have the radiator with the 120mm fan attached to it. Here is a photo of that unit ready to install into Switchboard.

13571282_th.jpg

13571283_th.jpg

13571286_th.jpg

I've been working on the bezel that is to go on the LCD screen. I didn't order one when I purchased the screen because they were asking $40.00USD for the bezel and it's to much for my pocketbook. I'm using a black drivebay cover for the LCD bezel. I downloaded a PDF file from CystalFontz's website which had a detailed drawing of the bezel. I printed up the drawing and then applied double face tape to it and then applied it to the drivebay cover. Here are a few photos of the bezel.

13571304_th.jpg

13571295_th.jpg

The LCD screen is scheduled to arrive Monday and I should have the bezel finished in time for the arrival. I've also have repainted the mobo tray from white to black to match the rads and other things in the area of the tray. Here are some photos of the tray with the newer mobo that I will be using. The mobo is a Foxconn 6150K8MA socket 939. I'll be using a AMD64 3000 single core cpu with a gig of OCZ memory and I'll be shutting down the 6150 build-in graphics for a Gigabyte 7600GS card instead. Also a HD capture card will be installed. Here are a few photos of that setup.

13571281_th.jpg

13571278_th.jpg

13571276_th.jpg

So this is all for the moment, I hope it's enough until the next update. So until then remember that all ideas and comments are welcomed. Happy Modding to ya.