Sign in to follow this  
EM3Bilko

Switchboard

This is going to be a really short posting. In my last posting, the photos will show that I didn't have the power button in place. The reason that I didn't have the button was that I had put it away for safe keeping. I had it so safe, I couldn't find it. So tonight while cleaning my work area I found the power button. So here are a couple of photos to show you that it found and installed.

bfd53736b34542f752a2f9e506f99d36.th.jpg

51aa4cd5a4a9994344dad7e6ab89f36c.th.jpg

So there you have it, the lost is now found. Happy Modding to ya.

Well just a short update about Switchboard. I had my computer that was in the CoolerMaster HTPC case down and in pieces, so today I put it back together and installed the OS because the HTPC is replacing Switchboard in the home network. Switchboard is going back out to the garage for work and won't be back until it's finished. I had a setup out in the garage for working on pc's but today that got shot down. When I brought the HTPC into the house to hook it into my home network and take out Switchboard, I found my 19" monitor not showing my desktop like the 17" was doing. I clicked on the KVM switch and found that the monitor stayed black no matter which computer I used that was connected to the KVM switch. I pulled the unit out and put in my other 17" monitor and everything worked just fine. So my 19" died and now my dual setup is based on two 17" monitors. That's a real bummer to me. So just thought I would share with everyone that the Switchboard is going out of service until I finish everything that I want on Switchboard and the replacement setup is what was in Switchboard originally. So I won't be suffering from a slow computer. So until next time Happy Modding to ya.

This is going to be a short update, which I've been doing a lot of lately. It seems to be about the only thing that I'm capable of doing here lately. Anyways, I was in need of a card reader in Switchboard so that I could get my photos onto the harddrive and then onto the hosting site. The card reader is going above the fan controller and beside the harddrive cage temperature screen. So it was a matter of measuring the reader and the temperature screen to make sure that it would fit in the area that I had planned on. It will fit with no problems other than one. The one problem was me. I have been asked if I had some power tools to make my job easier when it came to filing my areas to fit products that I have put into Switchboard in the past. My air compressor was in my basement and I was doing the work in my garage so I wasn't able to use the power tools that I had. Now I've got the compressor in my garage and so now I have power tools to help me. That's where the problem comes in that I mentioned. I have a photo to show you my problem. One of my meds that I take is a muscle relaxer and sometimes it doesn't take care of the muscle spasms completely. So here is a photo that shows what happens when muscle spasms hit when using power tools.

f1ceed17275f5ab1d7b80453bcfc7d01.th.jpg

I'm lucky in a way because I had told you about the placement of the marble covering that I was going to put on around the area of the drives and the other stuff and the plexy was to go over everything also. This marble covering will cover this area that I carved out with the power tool that wasn't supposed to be carved. So I guess I'll go back to filing my areas that need fitting instead of using the power tools. lol So here is another photo of the area in question just a little farther away.

15ff68762c4337f21dd4abd0ffbed721.th.jpg

So there you have my update, it's all I've been able to do because my back is giving me nothing but trouble here lately and it's really being a pain in the butt. I think it's because of the physical therapy that I'm doing at this time. So until the next update remember that all ideas and comments are welcomed also Happy Modding to ya.

Just a short note to tell you the reason that I haven't done any posting is because I've been sick again. Same thing that put me in the hospital the last time. This time I didn't wait so long to see the Dr. and I've feeling better today after getting my new meds last night. So in a couple of days I'll be able to get back to work on Switchboard. Happy Modding to ya.

Just a short note to tell you that I just got off of the phone to the company that made my water pump that I'm using in Switchboard. I found out that I was short changed on all of my connections. I was suppose to have had 2 1/2" barbs in the package but I only got one and the other one is now on it's way here. That was the source of my leak. The barb I purchased here in town didn't have a O-ring and that's where the leak was always showing up. This new barb will have the O-ring and that should take care of my problem. Then I can put the system back into Switchboard. So there you have my good news and Happy Modding to ya.

I know that there are a few of you out there that have been waiting patiently for my next update. Well today is going to be the day for that very thing. lol I was shown a photo of a old switchboard by a friend named Saxxon and it struck my fancy enough so that I decided to give it a try on Switchboard. Feeling pretty good today I went to town on taking the front panel out of Switchboard. Believe me it was a chore getting it out. I had a lot of stuff that had to come out before the front panel did but I managed. Here are a few photos showing Switchboard with the modified front panel back in after the change. Sorry I didn't think about the photos until I had done the deed.

13227759_th.jpg

13227757_th.jpg

You will notice the difference between the top two photos is the Cat5 cable connections. I did get them in the wrong order but oh well.

13227754_th.jpg

Next I'll give you a close up of the connections.

13227749_th.jpg

This was all that I could do today but I hope it's enough to keep you interested enough to come back again for the next update. So until the next time remember that all ideas and comments are welcomed and Happy Modding to ya.

Well I did get something done today before the nausea kicked in. Here are a few photos showing the installation of some of the products that has been seen before. It does include the Aquabay because the water cooling system is going back in. So here are some of the photos for ya now.

13235623_th.jpg

13235614_th.jpg

13235609_th.jpg

13235602_th.jpg

Here are some full shots of Switchboard with everything installed today.

13235617_th.jpg

13235644_th.jpg

I've been asked about how tall Switchboard is and so I took a few photos of it with a tape measure to show you that it's just over 34" with the rollers on the bottom. Here are some photos of the tape measurements.

13235651_th.jpg

13235625_th.jpg

Last but not the least for today is this.

13235655_th.jpg

All ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

I've been asked for a photo of the rear door and I have photos of all sides also for you. My neighbor has given me some old plexy that needs to be cleaned and polished and after I do that I will cut it into 2 pieces so that I can put in 2 windows in the rear door so that the interior can be seen with the green CCFL's along with the green LED fans that are inside. Since it's going to be water cooled the coolant will be green also. So here are the photos that I promised. Happy Modding to ya.

13237134_th.jpg

13237133_th.jpg

13237132_th.jpg

Okay, I know that you are thinking another update, hot dog. Sorry to bust your bubble but this is just a note to tell you that I have found some of the photos that are not showing up. Like the ones on page 3 but if you go to page 3 you will see that I have gotten 2 photos fixed so far on a update. So keep your fingers crossed that I'm able to locate all of the photos that are not showing up. Happy Modding to ya.

Wow I just read through the tread, this looks like a great and fun project. Maybe some day I can do something that requires this level of skill.

Wow I just read through the tread, this looks like a great and fun project. Maybe some day I can do something that requires this level of skill.

Thanks squares for your comment. I'll be working off and on with getting the photos that aren't showing up. The reason was that I changed to a different photo hosting site and then it went belly up on me. So now I'm back at the original and they have improved so much so that it's now a decent site and I'm now getting the photos back up. It's slow but it making a change. Happy Modding to ya.

I finally got the correct nipple that was suppose to be with the pump. So now I have 2 nipples with o-ring to prevent leaks and both are 1/2inch nipples. Here is a photo of the pump that I'm using.

13379856_th.jpg

13379867_th.jpg

I've also been working on emblems to put onto the cover of the fuse panel. Didn't have a photo to go by so I just used my imagination a little. lol Here are a couple of photos to show what I have done to the fuse panel cover.

13379864_th.jpg

13379861_th.jpg

Now that I have the nipples for the pump, I can start putting the water block back onto the processor. Also the reservoir from Tribaloverkill. So it's back to WC for sure. So until the next update remember that all comments and ideas are welcome and also Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.