Ebay Scam ?

Hello,

I recently sold my cell phone ebay ( well today actually) and well I emailed the guy to ask for payment to my paypal address and well I get this email that follows as

stella beck <[email protected]>

to me

show details

11:35 pm (9 minutes ago)

Hello Seller,

Thanks for your bussiness.. I have made out my payment to you for this item purchase. Including the shipping cost which is $100 USD So you can afford to have it Shipped out with the courier service ( 1st Class Global EMS Express Via Ups mail 1st class via Usps-Services). You can shipped out the item as soon as you receive the confirmation mail from PayPal. Make sure you send the Shipment tracking number to PayPal through the confirmation you got for verification so they can release the funds to your account immediately after you drop it off. you are to ship and send the shipment tracking number to [email protected] for verification

then your account will be updated..

HERE'S THE RECIEVER INFORMATION:

Name.............................. emeka chukwu

Address...........................No 5 oba akinjobi

City.................................Ikeja

Zip code..........................23401

State................................Lagos

Country............................Nigeria

phone..................................234-802845300

mrs susan beck

I think it's a scam because I never got any email from paypal about a payment and the user is no longer a registered member of ebay and he joined today ?

Even if I get a Paypal payment should I ship right away or wait a few days till the payment really clears ??

The seller can always pull one of those stupid chargebacks and your paypal account will have a negative balance. I sold something in the past, withdrew the money and still got screwed. I would watch out.

I dont think he can give you negative feedback now that his account is gone. I probably would refund him and not send it.

Edited by SMeeD

Guest ecthlipsis

Don't even bother saying you'll ship to countries like that. So many lame scams :rolleyes: