Mitsubishi Eclipse vs. Nissan Altima vs. Nissan Maxima

martymcfly

The Maxima is definitely a higher end option when it comes to the Nissan line. However, I think it is overkill for a young guy. I HIGHLY recommend the Altima. It may even be my next car. The new model that was just released it SWEET! I think that it is much more your style, being a young, new driver and car owner. The four-door options still apply and it has great safety features. Not to mention, it is cheaper than the Maxima. You could get a lot more options in an Altima for 30k than you could on a Maxima for that price.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for the maxima please, much faster then the other two car options and they are very luxurious. They get good gas mileage, reliable, and are safe. I know cars very well and I would say the maxima is the best bang for your buck. It would be really cool if you could spend the 30 grand on any car!

I might add that buying a powerful car and driving it as your "first" car isn't really that sensible imo. Hence, I'd stick with what you have.

When you say modding, what do you mean? I hope you leave the outside alone...

I might add that buying a powerful car and driving it as your "first" car isn't really that sensible imo. Hence, I'd stick with what you have.

When you say modding, what do you mean? I hope you leave the outside alone...

I just want to repaint it because right now it's white, which I don't like. Maybe some internal modifications, but I probably won't.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I'll tell you my story in brief and let you take it for what it's worth.

I got my first car in December of last year. I shopped around for my car for about 3 months, changing ideas many times. My mom had told me I was going to get a brand new car and I was stoked, I had initially planned to get a Mini Cooper S or possibly a nice Mustang GT. When it actually got time to purchase the car my dad gave me a couple good lectures about how it is my first car and I will get into an accident... haha, yeah right, I'm an invincible teenager, whatever we think, but really I didn't think it would happen to me, but he was persistent and instead of a nice shiny new car I ended up with a pretty good condition 2000 Mustang V6 with only minor cosmetic details to worry about. Well... my dad gave me three months before I got in some kind of accident and I rubbed it in so bad when I didn't! Until later that 4th month... one of the first rainy days for the car going around a turn I went around every day I punched it through the turn, slid the back end out, got scared when it slid as much as it did, overcompensated and when it didn't regain traction to the wet pavement, slammed on the brakes and took the car through a fence, doh!

The moral of the story is, we ARE inexperienced drivers no matter how much we don't want to admit it. Now, had I gone through a fence in a brand new Mini Cooper S I would have been pissed that I had ruined such a beautiful car, not to mention would have been broke fixing the damages to a car produced by BMW, or even worse, had I had the power of the GT I could have slid another 3-5 feet into that tree that was there and I could have died. So basically what I'm trying to say is... find a nice looking cheaper car. I found mine for $6k after being very patient and looking. You don't need all the power, I was always kinda disappointed with my V6 until the other day I actually went and test drove a GT... not that much faster in the low end, and how often will you be opening it up in the top end? So to end my rant, get a decent cheaper car and you won't feel as bad beating on it and having a bit more fun doing stupid teenage stuff in a somewhat responsible way, and that way when you do mess something up doing that stuff, it won't be nearly as bad... You've gotta pay to play.

And just because I say cheaper doesn't mean so POS 30 year old car. There are lots of good looking Bimmers and such in the 10k price range, lots of V6 Mustangs and Camaros in the 6-8k range... I didn't want a POS either and I ended up having one of the nicest cars in school and paid less than half of what some of those kids paid for their Civics!

Okay, my community service is done for my little accident, haha. :lol:

Oh yeah! And we are modders, so of course we're going to mod the cars... Like in my case, it's so much more gratifying and impressive to have a V6 that can blow away GT's and turn heads! Also a much bigger aftermarket for used parts and more time has been put into whats out for slightly older cars, plus more experience from people who have already done that stuff to their cars! I've already put back in a third of what the cars worth into modding, haha.

Edited by CmpFreak88

Ok i would go for the 20k mitsubishi eclipe 07, or for 36k a bmw z4i

ifur willing to spend a few more bucks definetly go for the BMW Z4i sweetest ride ull find. or a 20k eclipse is also beatuficil

Until he wrecks it somehow or even worse, he could be a great and cautious driver, but the people that he comes in contact with are also inexperienced stupid teenagers and one of them smacks into the nice new Bimmer... Can you imagine insurance and/or a repair bill on that? :blink: <_<

If I had 30,000 to spend on a new car that goes (and doesn't eat gas), I'd pick either a Suburu wrx sti, a Lancer Evo, or a Nissan 350Z. If I wasn't worried about gas, the Mustang GT is one of the best bang-for-your-buck cars for under $30,000.

BUT, sticking with your options, the Nissan would be my choice.

Just please for the love of god don't get a pickup truck. Have you considered perhaps a used Lancer Evo? Those are pretty neat.

Yea get this version of the Lancer.

06-27-07_1545.jpg

Yes my junkie camera phone.

I saw it on the street, last week. Must be a limited edition Lancer GTR. OMG I love this GTR as much as the Mustang GTR.