OCC News: PCP&C Launches Crossfire Edition Silencer 750

OCC News Post

100x20-digg-button.gif

It's strange what results marketing teams can have on products. This is no more true than in the case of PC Power and Cooling's new "Crossfire Edition" Silencer 750 Quad. You may of heard that nVidia doesn't like power supplies carrying both an 'SLi certified' and 'Crossfire Certified' sticker on the same box, and that seems to be the case here as well. So basically take a regular 750 Quad, give it a snazzy red paint job and stick a "Crossfire Certified" sticker on it and you get the new Crossfire Edition Silencer. At least you can now be confident in powering a couple of HD 2900XT's with one.

The spec list reads as follows:

- 750W Continuous @ 40C (825W Peak)

- Up to 90% (10dB) Less Noise per Watt

- ATI CrossFire Certified (HD 2900XT)

- High Efficiency (83%); .99 Active PFC

- +12VDC @ +12VDC @ 60A (Powerful Single Rail)

- Rock-Solid, Super-Clean DC Output

- 24-pin, 8-pin, 4-pin M/B Connectors

- Quad PCI-E and 15 Drive Connectors

- Automatic Fan Speed Control Circuit

- 3-Year Warranty and Tech Support

You can pick up your shiny "Ferrari" red Silencer from PCP&C for $200 (or a copper coloured one for $170)

The Crossfire Edition Silencer is PCP&C's first product release after the recent takeover by OCZ.

OCZ Press Release

post-8605-1183048654_thumb.jpg post-8605-1183048664_thumb.jpg

Edited by jammin

Red looks cool, but all this CrossFire / SLI crap is kinna useless... I mean my Straightpoer 500W is SLI certified but not CrossFire certified, but who the hell cares? I had a 8800GTS 640MB running in my rig for testing for like 2 days without any problems (fully loaded of course, couldn't leave that opportunity to game the hell out of it :P)

The sad thing is that some people who are building a crossfire set up may think they need the crossfire edition PSU, when the only reason I can see for buying one is if you really like the colour red.

In the specs for the Copper Version you can see that it is also crossfire certified (well it's the same PSU, so duh). It just doesn't use the logo, opting for the SLi one instead.

Edited by jammin