Problems with overclocking

Hi.

I have a problem.. already tried all possible software for overclocking my video card, but nothing works in Powerstrip for ex. I change clockrates and push apply... the screen becoms black for a second and then i got back the standart clockrates... ntunes doesn`t work at all...

please help... what am i doing wrong??????

My be windows vista is the problem whic i use, because some time ago on xp overclocking worked...

First of all, which card is that? Could it be an X1950Pro by any chance? I can still not overclock mine, as minimal changes in speeds make my screen go black, like you are having.

Note the thread title. :P

Guest ecthlipsis

While I had many problems with Vista myself, I don't think that is the problem from what you've said so far. CoolBits, like hardnrg mentioned, has always given me good results. I don't OC my gfx cards simply because they always end up giving me a small artifact or problem in something eventually, and I don't tolerate that. RivaTuner also seems to work well, although I didn't play with it much.

7900gt's have had a lot of problems either braking after a few months of use. i had to rma my 7900 after a few months as did my friend.....my friend didn't even overclock it. ive heard companies like BFG and XFX screwed up on that card and didn't foresee it burning out after a bit of use.....kinda like the 360 :P .

given your case tho. i would blame this on the unfinished vista drivers. artifacts were the sign of the other problem.....with eventual failure.

perhaps we could help you optimize your system in some other way as to compensate until the driver issue is resolved.