Opteron in the 60s

It is very hot in my room right now. My Opteron is at 59C and has gone from 50C to 59C in the past hour, i think it will hit the 60s. Whats the max safe temp?

what cpu cooling?

thought i told you... stock and a new cool master fan.

EDIT: and AiBooster says system is at 37C. I do not have a case... it feels very very hot but i don't see 90F or more as a room temp... and my little thermometer says 35C and the thermometer is sitting on my desk with the sensor hanging from the desk. I think my room is in the 100s (F)

Edited by coolcat97

A: coolmaster = stock cooling or worse

B: trust no thermal readings from Asus software - check the bios or use 3rd party applications.

C: 85c is the thermal breakdown barrier for AMD A64 chips.

D: do NOT have an attitude with people when they are asking questions to help. even if you did tell hardnrg what you were using the information posted to the OCC public could lead to others helping you.

terribly sorry, the last thing i want to do is start an argument. I did not mean I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU it was more of a ???thought i told you :P ???

And a few others say not to use asus soft for temps...was it not designed for the board and therefore is best?

Edited by coolcat97

And a few others say not to use asus soft for temps...was it not designed for the board and therefore is best?

That's the kind of thinking that'll screw you over. Try using core temp to check your temps in windows.

no it's not designed FOR that board. it's generic and only requires an asus bios to load. doesn't mean it isn't a steaming pile of dung and can't tell temps..

for example the rig I'm running right now, A8R32-MVP. FX-60 processor. Asus' thermal reading says 31c... speed fan is at least on the right size of 0c showng a -12c (yes it's phased cooled)