Raid 0 Intel or Gigabyte?

road-runner

Hey guys I have a choice of using Gigabytes raid controller or using Intels. I wonder which is better for my raid setup on the GA P35 DQ6.

What are your goals with the RAID setup? If it's speed unless you are doing video editing or massive file transfers RAID 0 isn't going to help.

I'd go with the Intel either way, they seem to have a better track record.

What are your goals with the RAID setup? If it's speed unless you are doing video editing or massive file transfers RAID 0 isn't going to help.

I'd go with the Intel either way, they seem to have a better track record.

My goals are to achieve the best benchmarks I can for the Forum Wars....

My goals are to achieve the best benchmarks I can for the Forum Wars....

Do those include hard drive bandwidth benchmarks? If not, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Do those include hard drive bandwidth benchmarks? If not, I wouldn't even worry about it.

No its SuperPi and 3DMark01, 03, 05 and Crystalmark. I have already hooked the drives up and all and working on it and deleted windows. Its just a benchmark rig/Folding rig.

Looks like one hard drive is better than raid 0. I can not run the same clocks on my video card that I was with one drive. I was breaking 13,000 regular in 3DMark06 now I can not quite get to 13,000. High 12s so its back to one drive I guess.....

It's good to see you are trying to setup the best benchmarking rig you can for the war. :D

There's not much I can do with my setup.. I'll just have to try and push that OC as far as I can.

It's good to see you are trying to setup the best benchmarking rig you can for the war. :D

There's not much I can do with my setup.. I'll just have to try and push that OC as far as I can.

LOL Yea I have been messing with it since I got the rig together. I want to be sure I enter what I am going use...