Possible Cooling

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a thread with some form of fridge cooling if it works. ;) The problem is that no one here has the insanity to understand this idea B:)

Actually I do have experience in HVAC. lol

And I completely understand the idea, you don't seem to understand the difference between a 100% use compressor and what a fridge does.

There will be a thread with some form of fridge cooling if it works. ;) The problem is that no one here has the insanity to understand this idea B:)

I'd like to see a thread on it even if it doesn't work.

Note: Underclocking your processor or turning your computer off to keep temps down does not mean your ghetto rigged cooling design works.

you don't seem to understand the difference between a 100% use compressor and what a fridge does.

I would buy a timer. every five minutes or so (i'll check what the fridge normally dose) I will make the compressor kick on. just to get temps down.

Is what you are saying is to put a water block on your processor run tubing from that into a reservoir inside your fridge and then tubing out of that back into your water block, with a pump somewhere allong the line of course? If so, consider that your processor might put out more heat than your fride cools. In which case, you would need an inline radiator to precool the line before getting to the fridge. Secondly, You will need a reservoir that will transfer heat amazingly well. Something made of aluminum would be great. If you do something made of plastic, there is no way the fridge will cool it.

Is what you are saying is to put a water block on your processor run tubing from that into a reservoir inside your fridge and then tubing out of that back into your water block, with a pump somewhere allong the line of course? If so, consider that your processor might put out more heat than your fride cools. In which case, you would need an inline radiator to precool the line before getting to the fridge. Secondly, You will need a reservoir that will transfer heat amazingly well. Something made of aluminum would be great. If you do something made of plastic, there is no way the fridge will cool it.

As far as I understand it's completely covered. So he is going to air tight the PC case (caulk) and pump the fluid in and pump it out back into the fridge.

Either way, you say every 5 minutes or so. My fridge kicks on like 3 times a day maybe...depends how much I'm in it.

So, every 5 minutes is going to put a big strain on the compressor because the amount of heat it will have to remove to kick off.

As far as I understand it's completely covered. So he is going to air tight the PC case (caulk) and pump the fluid in and pump it out back into the fridge.

Either way, you say every 5 minutes or so. My fridge kicks on like 3 times a day maybe...depends how much I'm in it.

So, every 5 minutes is going to put a big strain on the compressor because the amount of heat it will have to remove to kick off.

oh... ok. ummm...... yeah... ok.. good luck. Take pics and let us know how she turns out.

I would buy a timer. every five minutes or so (i'll check what the fridge normally dose) I will make the compressor kick on. just to get temps down.

Wow. Totally missing the point.

All of the ideas you've presented in this thread (and most others) are half baked. They look great on paper, but they simply won't work, or more specifically, won't work like you think they will.

Oil cooling? Fridge compressors? Compressor timer circuits? I have good money on none of these ideas getting past the text in this thread.

oil cooling works. A comp can run in oil. fridge = cool

oil = works

cool + oil = really works

cool = compressor on a timer (run for one minute per hour?)

You are missing the point. The oil DOES NOT stay cold. The computer warms it up...rather quickly. Thus when you turn the compressor on, it doesn't have enough time to cool it before it's warm again.

Yes, it will work for a while. No it will not stay cold.

oil cooling works. A comp can run in oil. fridge = cool

oil = works

cool + oil = really works

cool = compressor on a timer (run for one minute per hour?)

This theory = half baked.