Antec Nine Hundred Or P180?

Between the two which would I be better off with? THe replacement large fan for the Nine hundred costs twenty five bucks from antec. Which, is not a big concern!

I have a P180B and I really love it!! The only thing you have to watch out for is to make sure the power cables are long enough. Mine are just barely long enough and I had to get a little creative with the wiring. But otherwise the P180 is a top notch quiet and cool case :)

I was really hoping to get a case with a clear side. I purchased the LED version of the Tuniq Tower from an online retailer and It would be cool to have a window to see the LED T.T. You know? However I guess it really shouldnt matter because performance is what im after! The P180 is on sale only in silver and I could not justify paying more for the same case just to get it in black.

The P180B is all very lovely, but there is rather a lot of flimsy plastic knocking about on it. One thing that alarmed me, were the hooks for the sidepanels, are plastic. Two of them broke off when I put the right panel on, after building my rig back. My personal experience with the case has me wondering, just why everyone loves it so much. It really leaves me cold. I wouldn't buy another one or recommend it to anyone else. I dislike the factory Antec fans, as well, they have an annoying squeaking noise at low speed, which turns into an almighty roar when you speed them up. I've never seen such annoying fans.

My recommendation for a similar case is the Lian-Li PC-A12, yes it fits less hard drives and doesn't have the PSU at the bottom arrangement, but it does seem more special somehow. You don't get any of those nasty plastics on it.

Hmmmm... of the 2 cases, the Nine Hundred left me *drooling* when I saw it at a gaming/IT convention recently, more importantly I WANTED one! and I was prepared to break someone's leg to get it! LMAO :lol:

Seriously, I think that huge fan is awesome but I also like the junk tray on top of the case too, the only draw back with either of these cases from what I can tell (apart from personal feelings) is they're too popular... everyone's either got one OR is getting one :(

Personally, I'd like to see what the modding potential of the AMMO-533 from CM would be, what will be the primary use for this case and will you attend LAN parties frequently with this system? :D

The P180B is all very lovely, but there is rather a lot of flimsy plastic knocking about on it. One thing that alarmed me, were the hooks for the sidepanels, are plastic. Two of them broke off when I put the right panel on, after building my rig back. My personal experience with the case has me wondering, just why everyone loves it so much. It really leaves me cold. I wouldn't buy another one or recommend it to anyone else. I dislike the factory Antec fans, as well, they have an annoying squeaking noise at low speed, which turns into an almighty roar when you speed them up. I've never seen such annoying fans.

My recommendation for a similar case is the Lian-Li PC-A12, yes it fits less hard drives and doesn't have the PSU at the bottom arrangement, but it does seem more special somehow. You don't get any of those nasty plastics on it.

If you're breaking clips, perhaps you manhandled the side panel a bit too much? Just sayin'

If you're breaking clips, perhaps you manhandled the side panel a bit too much? Just sayin'

I only used the necessary amount of force. I've put several cases together, using basically the same pressure. None of the others have broken simply by assembling a rig in them. :P

I have Antec Nine Hundred and this case rules my rig runs very cool, the only thing that worries me is the large fan opening. I pray to god I dont spill anything while my computer is on.

Guest ajmatson

Thats a hard one but for moding sake (window and such) I would have to say the Antec 900