Last.fm Support Website Glitch

andrusk

Ok so here's the deal. I've been using Last.fm for about a month now and I recently noticed that my client was having some problems scrobbling tracks. Well, I decided I would try and find the support site for last.fm and see if anyone else was having these same problems. So, naturally the first thing I do is go to http://support.last.fm What I found when I got there suprised me though. I found a text based website that didn't look like anything official and I was initially thinking it was some kind of a spam trick website. After a little further investigation it turns out that I think this site is actually a site that employees of last.fm use to perform administrative tasks for last.fm and some how I got access to it. I tried to access the site using internet explorer but all it did was give me a not logged in error, but when I tried to access the site using firefox it just let me in no fuss. I guess the most interesting part is the fact that you can upgrade a users membership from this site. I tried it out with mine and I'm now listed as a paid subscriber!! Freaking awesome. If you guys use last.fm you should check it out before somebody finds the bug and realizes their mistake. Let me know if it works for you guys.

p.s. the people I'm friends with on last.fm will notice that their accounts have been mysteriously upgraded as well :lol:

Edited by andrusk

It very well could be. And you would think they would have a little better support page than something that dumps you out immediately. :lol: I wonder how long it will take them to catch it? hmmm

Edited by andrusk

Either way, this is a big issue for them I'd say. I'm not changing my status simply because:

a) I don't need a donated status

b) If I were to change it and found out, I'd feel a bit bad :lol:

c) I'd probably make a real donation in the future - it's a cool site and I like it. Never bite the hand that feeds you, eh? ;)