Sign in to follow this  
Guest ecthlipsis

Stay Away Pt 3

XP is the same way, you just never think about it, with in a week after a fresh install there are hundreds of tweaks I've done, its simply a reflex now, I couldn't even list what I do to customize since its spontaneous, but one thing would be the file view settings, but there is much more I change.

I wish that I could just write a script that wold do all of the stuff that I do when I clean install XP. Right down to the stuff I do with Tweakui. I'm sure it is possible, but I don't want to take the time. I love how fast Vista installs, and I can customize and tweak it the way I want it fast. Install and setup takes a fraction of the time it does with XP.

Guest ecthlipsis
I called them on a monday around lunchtime and they had a replacement on my way less than 2hrs later, so honestly, you might want to give them call...

I'll definitely take you up on that come Monday. It's been about three days now and still no response. Glad they took care of you, though, that's a good omen for me =)

I love how fast Vista installs, and I can customize and tweak it the way I want it fast. Install and setup takes a fraction of the time it does with XP.

Isn't that the truth. Going back to XP that was one thing I did miss. Of course, you only need to do it once so it isn't too big of deal.

I'm amazed that everyone is still saying they don't like Vista. I'm running it on a few machines and I've never had any hardware issues, nor has it ever crashed for me... I've had a few bits of software that don't work, but that's hardly Vista's fault. Maybe I'm just really lucky :P

I'm amazed that everyone is still saying they don't like Vista. I'm running it on a few machines and I've never had any hardware issues, nor has it ever crashed for me... I've had a few bits of software that don't work, but that's hardly Vista's fault. Maybe I'm just really lucky :P

I've had a similar experience. I even use it at work for all my day to day operations and other than the occasional problem with some software incompatibility, it works great.

Before anyone jumps in and mentions that there should not be any software problems at all, remember that there were the same issues with every upgrade of Windows, especially XP.