Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Water cooling seems really scary to me right now. I am trying to build my very first desktop and I am looking for a TOP of the line CPU cooler. I was reading through a ton of reviews on the arctic cooling freezer 7 pro and I would love to see what everyone has to about it. Im planning on buying a GREAT motherboard that will work with a cheap core2duo (that i can overclock) until the price on the q6600 comes down in july! Any other suggestions. My name is Dave and I am brand new here. I can tell that I am going to LOVE this site!

Thanks in advance.

David

it's nowhere near top of the line, in fact, I don't know why it is viewed as such a good heatsink... I think it must be price...

for a Quad core Core 2 processor you will want the absolute best heatsink available... something along the lines of a Tuniq Tower 120, Noctua N12, Thermalright Ultra 12 Extreme...

the heat output of the C2Q processors when overvolted is something that the AC Freezer 7 Pro would *not* be able to handle

Im a little confused now... Are these fans or will I still need to buy a fan? The Tuniq Tower 120 is the only one out of three that you mentioned available on newegg. I checked out a picucture and It seems like its some type of radiator almost. I do not see any fans. What do you do in place of the cpu fan? Thank you again! Sorry im brand new to this! But i really do appreciate the help!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a freezer pro 7 also, its not the best around, it had some good reviews from makers, but when it comes to real working condition you find out how it really handles. Like yourself water cooling was a option but worried me, now i spent a good few weeks now looking at water cooling, and the help from people on here :) i getting my first set up now, Things to remember with water cooling its best to get views from ppl that use it, know about it, never go by seller feedback. I learned alot here, and its worth looking into. I cant wait till i get my items sorted and ordered now, if fact as a temp measure i using my kids pc soon so i can strip my case for a week or so to really go to town on it, so its done right.

Yea I think all the HSF from Arctic Cooling do not perform as great. I own the Freezer 64 Pro and had to stop overclocking due to heat not because my PC couldn't handle it. 2.55 Ghz isn't that great compared to some people hitting 3 Ghz. Go with the Tuniq or grab your self a ThermalTake Big Typhoon. I used the Big Typhoon on a recent build and it worked just fine overclocking an E4300.