Found My Ex's Pc In The Woods

road-runner

Hey guys I was out digging up trees from my land and transplanting some into my yard today with the backhoe from the thick woods and I was digging one up and happen to look over to my right and through the thick brush something caught my eye orange 80mm cases fans looking up at me from the back of the case. I looked and I made it out the black case a PC I had built for my exs birthday a few years back. We had a big argument one day a few years ago and my ex would not leave so I called the cops and ex jerked the computer from the monitor and everything hooked to it, which I thought they had it all this time but evidently just threw it in the woods not to far from the house. Anyway it was a P4 3.0 with a 120GB Sata WD had a FX EVGA VC in it it said 5500 on the chip. Anyway it had been out there since Feb. 14, 2005 date on FAH log file when it was jerked from the wall socket and the hard drive still works it was behind part of the glass on the side panel and was protected from the rain I guess. The CPU looks bad on one side but all the pins look good I wonder if it will still work? The rest looks trashed and wasp had a nest in the PSU, they like to have got me. :O Here some pics of it...

dsc00212pc0.jpg

dsc00213wd1.jpg

dsc00215ib5.jpg

scan0006xh1.jpg

scan0010bw6.jpg

Edited by road-runner

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! :O

Man. I'm wordless right now. Your ex sucks. Seriously, who the . throws a computer with perfectly good, working components out? She could've at least eBay'd it so someone could've put it to use.

I'm not surprised the hard drive works though. The cable protects the pins for the most part, and those are the only things I can see receiving damage on it. The rest of it is pretty much closed off.

Oh, and pics of the wasp nest in the psu or it didn't happen.

<_<

buried treasure lol

Clean up everything but maybe the case and then test it all out so long as its dry when you test it maybe it will still work

I see a little corrosion around some of the little transistors or resisters thingys on the RAM and VC etc. I guess I could take a toothbrush to it or something and clean it up, I was going to put it out for the garbage man. I better go get it of the driveway I heard thunder a little bit ago wouldn't want it to get wet :lol:

Woah! :O

Man. I'm wordless right now. Your ex sucks. Seriously, who the . throws a computer with perfectly good, working components out? She could've at least eBay'd it so someone could've put it to use.

I'm not surprised the hard drive works though. The cable protects the pins for the most part, and those are the only things I can see receiving damage on it. The rest of it is pretty much closed off.

Oh, and pics of the wasp nest in the psu or it didn't happen.

<_<

Ok I am going to get it right now and take it apart, I threw it out on the driveway pretty hard and it bounced a couple of times I hope there all out of there...

She probobly hoped it would get wrecked and that you would find it... A little late to be mad? But i bet If you found it the day after you would have been super pissed :P It should make a good [email protected] rig... uber sexy case... will you sell me the case? :P I know it sounds stupid... but i could use an atx frame...

And no faceplate? it couldn't have gone too far... i'd go look.

Edited by coolcat97