E6550/e6750/e6850 Cpu In Google Cache...

Oh, sorry i was not as smart as you guys and didn't buy when the chip was overpriced. Well, i'm a big dummy. BTW: A Core 2 Quad costs less than 2x dual xeons and those are not as fast as the 6850.

Edited by coolcat97

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sorry i was not as smart as you guys and didn't buy when the chip was overpriced. Well, i'm a big dummy. BTW: A Core 2 Quad costs less than 2x dual xeons and those are not as fast as the 6850.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't have missed the point any more than you did with this response.

King was commenting on how you seem to say that you're going to buy everything. Your plans and budget seem to be very inconsistant.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't have missed the point any more than you did with this response.

King was commenting on how you seem to say that you're going to buy everything. Your plans and budget seem to be very inconsistant.

:withstupid: You can say that again....

are these available yet? if not, when are they planned to release?

I was wondering the same thing. A lot of them show up if you froogle them, but they're all backordered or out of stock.

The Wiki lists their release date as July 22, 2007. I believe that's the same day that the quad price cut is listed for.

Sorry? I'm a dummy? I got my E6600 7 months ago for dead cheap...I've had the benefit of a super fast system for 7 months...so who's the dummy?

Sorry? I'm a dummy? I got my E6600 7 months ago for dead cheap...I've had the benefit of a super fast system for 7 months...so who's the dummy?

7 months ago was 7 months ago. I had just ordered my opteron around that time and it was pretty dang fast.

7 months ago was 7 months ago. I had just ordered my opteron around that time and it was pretty dang fast.

You ordered an Opteron...when the E6600 still blew everything out of the water? I'm certainly not the dummy then.

But the people who did order last year when the Core 2 first came out did get the most out of there parts and for there money even though they paid more.

I mean when you consider the people who ordered there Core 2 last July/August have enjoyed a year of great performance and also enjoyed knowing that they have the latest fastest processor available. Verses the people who order this July/ August will only have about 4 months knowing they have the fastest stuff out there before AMD releases there desktop quad core cpus (unless there delayed again) which are suppose to beat the Intel's current core 2 and core 2 quads cpus.