E6550/e6750/e6850 Cpu In Google Cache...

Sure okay. Not directly of course, but it was insinuated at the mention of overpriced chips.

Either way, back on topic (again!), those prices look really decent. I'd like to see that 3.0GHz chip pull off a 50% OC (much like the E6600 @ 3.6GHz...)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure okay. Not directly of course, but it was insinuated at the mention of overpriced chips.

Either way, back on topic (again!), those prices look really decent. I'd like to see that 3.0GHz chip pull off a 50% OC (much like the E6600 @ 3.6GHz...)

Me and you both, I will be watching for OC news on it, so far it doesn't seem to like voltage from what I have read....

bah too bad i cant find any in Canada!!!!!!!!

(well not outside of my usual tigerdirect and ncix at least)

Well they are not out yet so most places are not advertising yet. They are due out July 22nd I think..

Guest ajmatson

Man good thing my buddie game me a C2D E4300 to tide me over till something newer comes out.

go pick up the latest issue of CPU magazine. they oc'd the 4300 you have to 2.93. it will do more than tide you over. :)

(also that issue is huge on cooling information this month if anyones interested...all types of cooling)

from what i can tell, the higher FSB speed is to take advantage of DDR3 chips as they operate at that speed and above. 1600mhz kits are coming soon. check out a few DDR3 memory kit reviews and you'll find that they don't perform any better than DDR2 at 800 for now, but thats what they said about DDR2 over DDR1 when it was introduced....the good thing tho? they're seeing nice and high band with from DDR3....and thats what the high FSB is for. so check this out, 1333 fsb means that 3ghz chip only has a 9x multi......this means you HAVE to have memory thats crankin' along at 333mhz, 1:1 just to meet that. with the release recently of boards that support DDR2 and DDR3, they need a processor that also supports it and here it is.

im watching these VERY closely as well.

im on hold for money for ttech stuff right now so i can only watch and plan.

Edited by robAP

Watch the roadmaps guys. And don't expect to be able to purchase these on the 22nd. A few online retailers may have them but the pickings may be ripe as the OEM's pick them up. Make sure your motherboard is 1333mhz FSB ready;)

Watch the roadmaps guys. And don't expect to be able to purchase these on the 22nd. A few online retailers may have them but the pickings may be ripe as the OEM's pick them up. Make sure your motherboard is 1333mhz FSB ready;)

The 680i, at least the EVGA, was touted to be able to run FSB and memory at 1333 out of the box. Hence the BIOS and PCB updates as well as free RMAs to customers with fully functioning boards to make sure that this feature and some quad core issues were fixed.

now thats a stand up act by EVGA. what other company does this just to ensure no ones left out in the rain cause they didn't look at the weather forecast?