X2 3800+ Toledo Problems.

rhoxed

My bios is diff.i think. i'm a nOOb too..

under the cpu config.tab i went to HT-config tab - options were 200-400-600-800-1000 MHz.

then went to mem config. and set clk mode to limt: the options were 1:1-4:3-3:2-5:3-2:1

then in the config frequency/voltage tab, options for cpu-fsb were 200-300 MHz.

and the multiplier was set at 10x..

should i flash the bios to latest ver.?? will that make the options you are describing vissable??

i also dont see a divider setting??

Edited by OneShot 926

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bios is diff.i think. i'm a nOOb too..

under the cpu config.tab i went to HT-config tab - options were 200-400-600-800-1000 MHz.

then went to mem config. and set clk mode to limt: the options were 1:1-4:3-3:2-5:3-2:1

then in the config frequency/voltage tab, options for cpu-fsb were 200-300 MHz.

and the multiplier was set at 10x..

should i flash the bios to latest ver.?? will that make the options you are describing vissable??

i also dont see a divider setting??

in the HT config tab select 800MHz

in the mem config set it to 4:3 i believe (not 100% sure on the mem divider, i use frequencies)

for the cpu FSB set it to 250

leave the multiplier at 10x

and remember to set your vcore or vcpu to 1.45 or 1.5 if 1.45 doesnt boot (check temps when you do this, make sure you are not hitting over 55oC in max loads)

I tried your settings and no boot so i uped the voltage to 1.475 still no boot then i set the ratio to 1:1 200MHz and it booted :)))) cpu z shows 2500.4 MHZ.. :))) and 1000 on the HT..

going to test stability now ...at idle temp holding at 45 C

thank you for the help.. and hope this might help someone else that has a board like mine...

who said 939 is dead:))))

Edited by OneShot 926

unless you are using liquid nitrogen or phase change, pretty much everyone would consider 1.75V vCore way too high... you run the risk of damaging the memory controller and/or the entire cpu

lol i'm sorry meant to type 1.475V..

but at load in game temp goes up to 64C is this too hot will i damage cpu if i let it run at this temp???

wow it only took 2 min to drop down to 37C..

and i still have the question about mem..dual ch 256MBx2 pc3200 corsair xms Vs. single stick of ultra 1024 pc3200 ????

Edited by OneShot 926

glad the O/C worked, but yes, 64oC is too high for a 3800 it will shorten the life of the cpu, i suggest better cooling for this o/c or stepping it down to about 2.3 for now.

the ram is a diff story, you will have to try it out, try running both at low latencies like 3-3-3-6 and 1T instead of 2T and whichever preforms better in SiSoft Sandra 07 is the one you will want to keep in your rig.

btw oneshot what core is your cpu? Toledo or Manchester - it will tell you in CPU-Z

Edited by rhoxed

try getting some arctic silver to cool your cpu down a bit (thermal paste) and you could also look into an aftermarket heatsink/fan like the Zalman9700NT i have (bit pricy at ~70$) but it keeps my temps below 45C at max load at 2.7 ghz with the same Toledo core you have.

Well for now i set the stock timing's back.

I did use the arctic silver compound, but was on a budget with the cooler=slightly beter than stock thermaltake tr2-r1.

i'm going to look at the possibility of retro fitting my old copper thermaltake volcano 12 for socket A with the monting clip from old socket 939 cooler i have in a drawer. If it will work i know for a fact that would keep it cool.

But i didn't realy see a big difference with the overclocked speed.In the game i play with stock times i used 65% of the cpu

and with the OC settings it used 53% of cpu. so for now i'll stick with the stock timings,cuz i dont want to kill my chip..