Wow Account Cancelled

CelticaFLM

Kicked it a few months back. Then I still had an extra gamecard laying around activated it, played 10 minutes then never got back on. It should be about time for it to expire.

The game was great, but constantly having the need to level up without mid-level content bored me.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been warcrack free for 5 months now, not that i had a choice (geting deployed does that to you)

as far as Potbs goes ive been following that game forever now, but it looks to me like a polished off virsion of sid meyrs pirates. but thats just my $.02

That's funny, I was just about to bring this thread back myself :)

It seems that Sony (SOE) has penned a deal to buy PotBS. This may be good or bad news depending on how you feel about Sony's previous MMO record. You can read more at MMORPG.com.

• 1 month later...

My MMO addiction was EverQuest. However, I was 18 when it came out so I wasn't exactly worried about contributing a lot to society at the time, anyway. I played fairly steady from 1999 to 2003, but probably not much more than I would've wasted on video games in some form or another. I've never been much of a television fan. :) Met a lot of cool people that I still talk to/game with in some form or another, though. My buddy from Sweden is coming back to the States again to visit this fall.

I've found now that after the first "wow" factor of a first-person MMO, others just haven't held my interest. I was in the beta for WoW and played a little at release, but quit shortly after. Didn't touch an MMO after that until this past winter. I play EQ2 some now with people from my original EQ guild, but it's very sporatic and casual, and generally only if I don't have another game to play. Which is definitely how I prefer it.

Two things you can do with an addiction - quit or let it run its course.

Just in spite of you I renewed my WoW subscribtion, Celt :P.

Just renewed mine too. Started on a new realm since no one is on mine anymore. Making a Draenei Paladin. Woot!, a melee class forced to heal or forever be uninvited into groups :D. When I saw that Lich King expac it pulled me in. I always knew they where going to add in Hero Classes it was just a matter of time. I wanted them to do Shadow Hunter, but I'm guessing it would be hard to try to fit it into both Horde and Alliance due to Lore. If they did it would probably be Blood Elves since they are the only Elves on Horde. Same goes with Death Knights, which were once Paladins. Only Paladins on Horde are Blood Elves.

real men play video games with no graphics. text based.

you bunch of wusses. :P :P :P :P

ya'll know I'm just messin with ya, I just got to rep my old mud. So many good times. Way too addictive. Quit the second time over a year ago. Haven't logged in since.

*waves*

welcome to the real world, warcrack and all those other MMORPGs are a waste of time anyways. i bet so far blizzard has taken $1000 from you. thats like a new computer and i would rather have a new computer than to play a MMORPG

I've always viewed it as utterly pointless.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd say the same thing about many of your hobbies.

EDIT: I just realized I've posted in this thread and responded to this very post before. Sweet.

welcome to the real world, warcrack and all those other MMORPGs are a waste of time anyways. i bet so far blizzard has taken $1000 from you. thats like a new computer and i would rather have a new computer than to play a MMORPG

Lol, thats like 5 years of WoW paying $15 which is much cheaper in bulk. Idk if the game has even been out for 6 years, but hey I spent $1.4k just to play BF2 when it came out.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 1 month later...

I started playing about 6 months ago i find it fun, it does make you lose track of time with instances and such, but it hasnt taken over my life. There have been times where i just dont play for several days because it got boring or school and work took over my life. There are ways to play it on the side though, I believe Blizzard has a program where you pay hourly instead of monthly which is kind of cool. Would have saved me alot of money if i knew earlier <_<

I started playing about 6 months ago i find it fun, it does make you lose track of time with instances and such, but it hasnt taken over my life. There have been times where i just dont play for several days because it got boring or school and work took over my life. There are ways to play it on the side though, I believe Blizzard has a program where you pay hourly instead of monthly which is kind of cool. Would have saved me alot of money if i knew earlier <_<

Don't lie, your addicted.

The first sign of addiction is denial.